- nineteen

landonorris - 3 hours ago

_______

itsindra - 2 minutes ago

_______

"You are such a dork." Indra comments with a chuckle when she opens the door to her appartement. "Why would you not take the stairs if it is as fast as the elevator and you wouldn't have to face your fear of elevators?" She looks over to the young man who enters her home and noticed that his hands were still a little shaky.

"I never said I have a fear of elevators, I just don't like them. I got stuck in one this May, it was a terrible experience. But I am a little tired, that's why I would rather take the elevator instead of the stairs."

Indra nods, she understands him. She still didn't know a lot about racing, but she could imagine that a race weekend would be exhausting. She proposed to watch a movie as they had dinner, which she would cook while he was cleaning himself up. Lando thankfully accepted the offer, glad that Indra accepted the state he was in. He hadn't been able to rest properly in two weeks and he was expecting not to get any rest on this little trip as well, but Indra seemed to notice how he felt and let him get the rest he so much needed.

She was cooking chicken pesto pasta, as she basically always had the ingredients for the dish at home. It was easy and she also felt like it wouldn't be too bad for the diet Lando had to follow. Of course he could have a cheat meal, but Indra tried to take his lifestyle into account as much as possible. The music of her playlist was softly filling the space and she sang along with the songs.

Lando noticed the singing coming from the other room and smiled. Indra wasn't an excellent singer but her voice wasn't out of tune either, it was comforting to listen to. He was happy that she felt so comfortable around him, at the same time he didn't know what she normally was like of course, but it felt good, trusted.

His hair was still damp when he walked out of the bathroom. He made sure to dry the shower and leave the bathroom in a neat state. The woman looked over at him when she noticed the movement in the corner of her eyes.

"Hey, all cleaned up? Dinner's almost ready."

"Yes, thank you for letting me use your shower, I would've used the one in the hotel if I was able to find one." He playfully grinned, feeing slightly awkward as well. He wasn't able to find any hotels with free rooms for his time being, so he had no other option than to stay at Indra's. She had proposed it herself. Indra told him she would never be able to forgive herself if she didn't let him stay over. She didn't have any guest room but her couch was sleepable.

"The food smells amazing by the way," Lando continues while sneaking up behind her, making sure to leave enough space between them, "What are we eating?"

Indra looked up at the guy behind her and felt a small rush of blood go to her cheeks.

He smells nice.

"I made chicken pesto pasta, I hope that's alright with you? And your diet?"

He hummed in delight, he loved pasta. "I love that. It's okay, it sort of fits into my diet, but don't worry about that." He looked around to see the coffee table being set for dinner.
"Can I help you with anything?"

"No it's fine, Lan. Please make yourself comfortable." Indra responded with a smile on her face and she nodded towards the couch. "I already laid down some pillows and blankets next to the couch for you tonight. Also, you can pick a movie we can watch."

After some protesting from Lando that he couldn't help Indra, he finally gave in and sat down on the couch and figured out how her tv worked. He truly didn't know what kind of movie to pick so he just scrolled aimlessly through Netflix.

Indra sat down next to him as she sat the plates down on the coffee table. She saw him struggling to pick a movie and softly smiled to herself. "We can watch Finding Dory? It's my comfort movie and I could watch it any time." she said to release him from his endless search. His head shot up to her, had she noticed him not knowing what to do? He was kind of thankful for her picking a movie, which he also liked, and switched over to Disney.

The movie was started quickly after and the two enjoyed their food in silence, sometimes laughing at the moments in the movie or making silly comments. They finished their food way before the end of the movie and Indra found herself laying against Lando, who gently laid his arm on her side.

Both of them were comfortable and were slowly dozing off into a deep sleep. Lando felt his body going crazy and he knew that it wasn't the food he recently ate. His assumptions about his feelings towards the pretty woman were quickly confirmed when they met at the airport, but throughout the day those feelings became stronger and more apparent.

He didn't know how he could fall so fast for someone. Sure he has had a crush on someone before and gone out with them, but never had he fallen so hard for someone. He wasn't the one to be lucky in love, but Indra made him believe in love again.

Only did he not know if she felt the same way towards him.

Indra always seemed so chill about everything and it made it hard to read her. The truth was though, that she didn't know what she felt. At the moment they were just friends, but Indra also knew that was definitely potential for something more than friendship, she felt that too. Her feelings weren't so clear yet and she didn't know what to do with it. What she did know though, was that she didn't want their relationship, no matter what status they were in, to go too quick.

After about half an hour Lando was gone. He had fallen into a deep sleep. Indra was sleepy as well, but got up to get ready for her own bed. She wasn't going to sleep on top of him, that would be somewhat strange. She picked up some of the blankets from the ground and spread them over Lando's body. The pillows were more of a challenge, as she obviously didn't want to wake him up from his sleep while putting a pillow under his head.

When she managed to get Lando more comfortable and shut off the tv, she turned around to face him. He was laying so peacefully and soft snores were escaping his mouth. She was so lucky to have met him, she thought.

He would be a friend for life, no matter what they were going to face in the future with hundreds of possibilities.