- seventyseven

author's note: omg thank you guys so much for getting Halcyon to a 100K reads!! this is a huuuge milestone and i couldn't be more grateful for every single one of you. sorry for not letting you hear from me sooner, but know that i love you all so much🤍
this chapter is a little longer, so enjoy!!

 sorry for not letting you hear from me sooner, but know that i love you all so much🤍 this chapter is a little longer, so enjoy!!

"Hey, are you okay?" Lando asked the girl next to him in a hushed voice. She looked up in surprise at the question. "Mmh, what do you mean?" Was her reply.

"You looked relieved when we left your parents' house. Is everything alright between you three. I remember you telling me that you weren't the closest."

Indra was stunned by his good memory. She now remembered telling him about it, but that was months ago. She smiled and though her face mask covered most of her face, her smile was visible in her eyes still. "I didn't think you'd remember, I barely remembered telling you about it myself. But, yeah I'm fine. Like I said back then, it's nothing bad, I just don't feel," she paused and looked for the right words to describe the feeling, "Connected to them. They are my mom and dad, yes, but somehow they don't completely feel like it. I love them and I see why people get along with them so well, because I do too, but they just don't feel like family sometimes. I was basically raised by my uncle, so I'd be faster to call him my dad than my own?"

It was obvious that she wasn't pleased with her choice of words, but she didn't know how to explain it better. But Lando understood what she meant. He had noticed it these past couple of days, and he noticed the clear tension between his girlfriend and her parents. He hummed understanding and took her hand for comfort.

"And that's fine with me, by the way. I am just sort of glad to leave their house again. I had a blast with the rest of the fam and being around you." Indra added, making sure that Lando's experience with her parents wouldn't change because of her little rant. She squeezed his hand back in response and a sign of gratitude and affection.

It was silent for a bit, both simply enjoying the sounds of the airplane and the music that played in their shared headphones. It was so serene. However Indra was so close to falling asleep that she rested her head on her boyfriend's shoulder and whispered: "I am just going to take a nap because I'm kind of tired. Can you wake me before we land?" In which Lando nodded and murmured an 'of course' back. He, too, was rather weary and decided to sleep a bit as well. He never slept well on airplanes so he was sure that he'd be awake before Indra.

 He never slept well on airplanes so he was sure that he'd be awake before Indra