- fortyfour

It was early in the midday and Indra was waiting for Isa to go for lunch. At that moment, Lando walked into the lobby and caught her sitting on one of the couches. He walked over to her and greeted her. They hadn't really seen each other yet today, despite the fact that they were sharing the hotel room.

Indra went on a run this morning and when she came back Lando had left to work out as well. They only saw each other for a brief moment when Indra got out of the shower. Shortly after she went down to the lobby, where she saw him again. Max was with him, but waited for the other driver at a small distance.

"Hey I noticed you weren't next to me last night, where were you?" He asked her while he pulled her in a hug as a greeting.

"I had to finish some last bits of school work. I worked on them during your debriefs and they were almost finished, I couldn't stop myself." A playful but somewhat guilty grin appeared on her face. She knew how he would reply, and she was not really wanting to have this conversation in a public space.

"Indra you have to stop..."

"Stop studying?..."

"No, overworking yourself, you know very well what I mean. You wanted this weekend as a break from school, and now you are working on school anyways. How late did you even stay up?"

"Sorry, the deadlines are in the coming week." She purposely avoided his question, as he would grow irritated with her big time, and he shouldn't be as it was race day. He needed his full focus to be the race and not annoyance caused by her.

She stayed up till 3 AM last night, but she managed to finish all of the work so she could be there all day for Lando. She wanted to support him throughout the whole race, but the effects of her working through the night showed in a way of the bags under her eyes. And he seemed to notice them too.

"Listen Indra, you'll be with me in England for Quadrant this week and you will be working a lot as well. I want you to think about yourself too. You are neglecting yourself."

"I didn't mean to mingle into your conversation but I have to agree with Lando, Indra. You have been working non-stop for the last few weeks. I know because you haven't been online on CoD, and we used to play often." Max jumped in on the conversation, making a valid point. Over the weeks Max and Indra had bonded and created a special bond.

Max taught her all about Call of Duty and some other games and he also helped her to understand the final details about racing. He had all the patience of the world teaching her, no matter how many times he had to explain it. Indra didn't see why some people would picture him as the tempered and cold-hearted person of the grid, because he was all but that. In these weeks he had become more of a brotherly figure to her, a new experience for her as she was a single child. It felt nice.

Indra nodded slowly, realising that both of them were right. "I'll try to think about it... I handed all of them in last night so for now I don't have to do anything anymore for a bit. I promised Isa that I'd meet up with her for lunch so I gotta get going. Bye guys, I'll see you on the track."

Lando knew that there was no point in continuing their 'argument', as she would shut him out again, so he just accepted her saying that she was going to think about it. He was going to check in with her more in the coming week, as she was staying with him again for three days.

Quadrant was slowly becoming a solid project and they were about to shoot their first YouTube video to be released the week after.

"Bye Indy, I'll see you in the hospitality."

"See you, Indra."

Indra gave both the boys a tight hug before she met up with Isa outside as they had signaled that they'd wait outside for each other.

As soon as the two drivers were alone, Max turned to his friend and a wide smirk appeared on his face, slightly creeping out Lando. "So you are sleeping together?"

Lando's cheeks immediately flushed pink as Max had said that, not really knowing how to respond. "Not- like that." he stuttered.

"No mate, I am teasing. I just meant sleeping in the same bed."

"Oh yes, we are then." Lando's pink cheeks were now more of a red shade as he mentally facepalmed himself for not realising that Max, one of the biggest teases on the grid, was indeed messing with him.

"Ahw you're doing well. Baby steps." the Dutchman commented and he patted the younger driver on his shoulder before walking off together, heading over to the track.

_____________

📍Autodromo Enzo e Dino Ferrari di Imola

liked by maxverstappen1, itsindra and 204

liked by maxverstappen1, itsindra and 204.836 others

landonorris "Today I'm just gonna drive real fast"

______

itsindra Yes you always do, dipshit
landonorris You brat
itsindra All the love x

user2 I don't know why Lando is so into Indra. She is literally always so rude to everyone and it also looks like she is only gaining popularity off of him. It sets a pretty bad image for Lando
user3 I agree🙄
user4 See, I get your point with the 'being rude',
but I don't pick it up like that. I just think it's
just a bit of her personality and her way of
joking.
sonnebecker This boy means everything to
her, don't you fucking dare to say that she is
doing this for attention. And yes, her humor is
shitty but she is the most amazing and loving
person I have ever known. If this is your
judgement over her, you clearly haven't done
your research correctly as her appreciation and
positivity is all over her own IG
user5 lol idk sonne, but i know that she never
types with capital letters. she real mad
sonnebecker @user5 you're damn right

user6 YEES SEND IT

user7 Sunday = Send day💪🏼🧡
landonorris You know how it is!!💪🏼💪🏼

maxverstappen1 Let's gooo

theofficialfng Get 'emmm
landonorris 🥺👀