- sixtythree

It was dead silent in the pitbox, the last minute of Q3 going in. It was looking good for both McLaren drivers and Indra and Isa were hoping that their boys would end up high up top. Only their race engineers spoke a few words from time to time, but mainly letting Lando and Carlos do their thing.

Lando was first to near the finish line of the remaining ten drivers. Indra held her breath in suspense and didn't realise that she had taken the blonde's hand tightly. Then he crossed the line setting a solid time of 1:35.497. That was a third place for now and Indra chirped in ecstasy. If this would stay his position, it would have been the best of the season and she couldn't be happier for him. But now it was time to wait for the others to cross the line as well.

One by one, the cars all crossed the line Carlos putting himself in sixth place. Only Max came in front of Lando, putting him in fourth place for tomorrow's start. The German realised that it was still the best finish of her boyfriend and she started cheering. Not long after the whole McLaren garage started yelling as well and some ran over to parc fermé to meet both drivers on the way there. So did the girlfriends.

Indra and Isa were so busy chatting that they only noticed that they were not paying attention to their surroundings when they bumped into Carlos and Lando, who were debriefing their laps. "Oh my god, sorry!" both girls yelped before noticing who they hit.

"Watch where you're walking or we'll have to restrict your access from the track." Lando playfully mocked and rolled his eyes. Indra punched him in his arm as a reply, but swiftly pulled him into a hug after. "You confuse me so much sometimes." Lando sighed with a chuckle, but returned the hug.

"I am so proud of you, Lan. This is your best quali position ever!"

"I know, I know. I am pretty happy about it too."

"Only pretty happy? You did so great, you should be really happy."

"Alright, just because you are here to support me."
Wide grins were displayed on the youngsters faces and Lando pecked her lips short, after checking if there weren't any media or cameras around. They were standing alone as Carlos and Isa were talking in the distance and most drivers were headed back for their teams.

"Come on, we'll walk back to the team together." He said while grabbing her hand. His palms were still slightly sweaty, but so was his whole body when they hugged so Indra didn't mind. She felt proud of him for his result, and now as well because of him showing her off in the paddock. Just by walking around holding hands, but it was actually a big thing for the both of them.

They were the shy types until you really got to know them, and they liked to remain more in the background rather than to be in the spotlights. So walking like this while there were so many people around who could ask questions, take pictures and what more, it was a big step for them.

Lando wore a big and proud smile when they walked down to his garage box and he sent friendly smiles to everyone they met on the way. Some people congratulated him on his result and others cheered for them. He squeezed his beautiful girlfriend's hand a little every time they got a compliment and she blushed every time, which he thought was adorable.

Only when they reached the boxes and the team started running towards the pair, or more towards Lando, Lando let go of Indra's hand who was left laughing at the sight. He was so happy and that instantly made her feel better too.

Then a hand slid on her shoulder which honestly made her jump a little. She turned around to face Medea, Sonne and Liam. The three of them stayed in the VIP area, which seemed to be the most logical place for them to be. They talked for a bit and congratulated Lando and Carlos when they could.

"I imagine you being proud of Lando." Medea said when the two girls were left alone at a distance. She had a warm and genuine smile on her face and a glisten in her eyes wandered, letting Indra know she wanted to tell something else too.

"I am so incredibly proud of him, you don't even know." Indra replied with the same smile, then turned her head to show her interest in the rest of what her newfound friend wanted to say. "I guess you are proud of Pierre too? He only barely finished a second behind pole. P10 is pretty solid, big chances ahead for tomorrow!"

By the mention of the Frenchman's name, Medea started to blush heavily. Okay, confirmed, her smiley behaviour was caused by him. "How are you two doing anyway?" Indra teased the other girl, only in order for her to turn an even brighter shade of red.
"How many times do I have to tell you that it is none of your business." Medea regained herself and now crossed her arm and tried to get a serious look on her face.

"Whatever. You really seemed to be talking ab-"
"We kissed before qualification. In his dressing room." she blurted out interrupting Indra, who's eyes widened in surprise.
"Oh my god, yaas girl," she squealed, soft enough to not get everyone's attention. "You are really going for it, I see." she added with a smirk and patted the girl on her shoulder.

"Please don't tell anyone yet. I don't want people to get mad at me, or Pierre." Indra pretended to lock her lips and throw the key far away as a sign of confirmation and Medea sighed in relief. She knew she could rely on Indra.

author's note: only 17 chapters to go, knowing this makes me a little sad🥲