- fortyseven

"Goodbye Lan, I am going to miss you. It's weird to leave you after being together for so long."

"Yeah, I know right. I am going to miss you too. Call me when you land and when you get home, will you?"

"I will. And again, I am so sorry for not being able to make it to Turkey for your birthday, I wished I could be there."

"It's okay, Indra. You have your exams so you should be focussing on them. A call from you would already be the best birthday present. And your support behind the screen on Sunday of course."

"Most definitely!"

And with that, Indra quickly placed a kiss on he boy's cheek, colouring both of their faces pinkish. She turned around and took her suitcase with her to the gate. She waved once more and then didn't look back again. She knew that she'd speak to him soon, so there was absolutely no reason to make a dramatic departure at the airport. Attention was the one thing they tried to avoid getting in the huge public area, being surrounded by so many people.

It wasn't a surprise for Indra to find her whole Instagram notification bombarded with posts she was tagged in, showing pictures that were snapped of her kissing on Lando's cheek. The contact had been so short, so small, yet the moment got captured.

She texted Lando to tell him that she arrived home safely and that she would call him in a bit. He replied shortly after.

The internet is full of us

It's a cute picture, ngl

The German girl meant what she said. Though it was quite a blurry picture and it was pixelated, she liked the picture. It looked like one of those VHS camera photos and it gave it a nice aesthetic.

She smiled to herself when she shut her phone off. She was sure of herself being in love with the British boy. He had stolen her heart with the first picture she saw of him, but she had never imagined to seriously fall for him.

The deal with Carlos was already set, and she would live up to it. She wasn't the person to not stick to deals, especially when the other side of the deal was something she really wanted. Which in this case was of course arranging Lando's birthday surprise.

Indra told Lando that her exam week would last from Tuesday to Tuesday, but it would only last till Friday, her last exam being in the Friday Morning.

She would catch the soonest flight after her exam and fly over to Turkey, where she would be picked up by Isa, who was now also part of the plan.

Everything was settled and Indra couldn't wait to see Lando's face when he saw her. Yes, he said that a phone call would be enough as a birthday gift, and Indra knew he truly meant what he said, but that was not what Indra thought. He deserved the best birthday she could possibly arrange, and the least she could do was to show up.

_____________