lab rabbits

I was now inside of the nurse's room, sitting on a bed getting my pulse checked by Jungkook as he explained why I might need to take a break from work. There was nothing like those pleading eyes of his. I've seen them many time, especially when we leave work together..

"The situation has caused you to have some delusions. There is nothing such as a "daughter of sunrise". He looks to the side before anxiously biting his lip. I knew something was up, but I couldn't quite put my finger on it. Everything has just been a bit strange these days with him.

I sit up and place my hand on top of jungkooks hand, wishing deep down that he'd believe me. " I WASNT HALLUCINATING, jungkook! I couldn't have been...."

Jungkook gives me a concerned smile before gently pushing me back down. " See, you're heating up. It's best you get some rest and give the situation a rest for now on, okay?"

When he stands up I instantly grab his wrist, " Wait! Wh-what about subject 10? What happened to it?"

He looks at me, " Min- proxy....or Jimin? He's fine, we're just separating him from the rest. We've had trouble from him in the past so they're doing studies on him since his species is pretty uncommon. That way we could possibly find way to understand him more."

My grip tightens on jungkook wrist as I pull him onto the bed, begging him to tell me that they weren't going to kill the subject, " Jungkook he's done nothing wrong! Why are you doing this?" He gives me a concerned smile, snatching away from me. "Take a break....Angeline. What's gotten into you anyways?"

He leaves and my hand comes in contact with my forehead as frustration took a toll on my head. I just can't believe he didn't believe me! Why did he treat me like that? Now I feel like some crazy woman! Embarrassing!

I slide my legs off of the bed eventually making my way out of the nurse's room. I could just go home and ignore this whole situation, but I couldn't. I had to figure out what they were planning to do. Maybe they planned this and that's why jungkook kept having me check the unit by myself over and over. Not only that, Min-proxy never had an examination from me....they never reported him to have any.

I find the lab and sneak into it, hiding behind the counter near the entrance. Jungkook and another colleague were already inside of the lab discussing something. "Well, he is the only one left out of his species. It's been over a thousand years since last discovered. We can't just keep our eyes off if him or he could potentially destroy everything. "
Jungkook states before squinting his eyes as he thought he heard something, casual scanning the room. "What is it, Mr Jung?" His colleague asks. Jungkook shakes his head before walking out, and the colleague follows.

I took my chance after the door shut to find the information and look through it. What exactly are they planning? Unfortunately they didn't have anything about any procedures here. I turn and look towards min proxy and he was already awake, staring at me.
There was silence, but it didn't last long. "Min- proxy, what are they planning on doing to you?"

His eyes widen a bit, "please call me Jimin"

He was strapped down to an examination table, his body feeling weak from the small portions of food they gave him.

I nod, " why did you cross illegally"

Jimin stares at the ceiling before looking my direction, " they were torturing me...making me do horrible things. Some days I could barely breath.."

"Sometimes I wish i were normal"