Oliver (1)

Oliver's POV

"Oliver, Pack meeting in 5 minutes." My father knocks on my door as I am getting changed in this gloomy morning of December. It's a school day so my father organized the meeting at 6 am sharp so I can make it to school on time.

How nice of him to do so. I think to myself sarcastically, sitting on the edge of my bed tugging on my black boots. I do up the laces and try not lay back on my bed and fall asleep again but get up and head to the door. My feet creak a little under the floorboards.

My Father, Alpha Desman, insists these days I come to every meeting that I can for experience for my future role. I'm 17 I don't take the role of Alpha until I am of age, which is in 4 years. I don't even know why I have to go to to school, I mean there's no course on Future Alpha lessons or Lycanthropy. Even if I wanted to become a doctor or builder I couldn't, I have my purpose already.

I step outside the door; the old classic corridors of the pack house are dark at this hour. I step carefully on the old floorboards trying not to wake anyone sleeping beyond the many doors I pass. I get close to the end of the hallway when a door slowly opens behind me.

"Ollie" My twin sister, Rebecca says, more like yawns while covering her mouth. "What's happening, is something wrong?"

She's wearing grey trackies and a baggy sweater, she rubs her eyes which look like they are trying hard to stay even of a fraction open.

"Its fine, Just a meeting with a neighboring pack... go back to sleep Becca." I say softly and she nods yawing again before shutting her door. I shake my head and laugh. Even if something was happening my sister looked so prepared to defend the pack.

I walk down a few more corridors still careful to be quiet. A lot of the pack members live here. My family, including extend, live on the third floor along as my father's beta and most trusted friends. Warriors and those in training on the second floor . On the bottom floor live mostly families not many, most chose to live in separate houses around our territory.

I finally make it to my father's office. I sense the other Alpha already there. This meeting is not going to be fun. Its about expanding boarders since a recent small pack in the east had fallen victim to plague sickness caused by a rare form of wolfs bane. We, more like just me, believe it was by some hunters but nothing further has been discovered. Since there were no survivors, the land is there to claim. The logical and fair thing to do is basically split the land in half, one half goes to us the other to the Crescent Moon pack...but no.

Some how it means more if one pack gets more land then other. And I have to go through this meeting of pointlessness before a whole day of school. I just can't wait until this day is over.

.-.--..-.-.-.-.-

After two hours of discussing the boarders to the last tree line it's over and I have half an hour before I have to go to school.

"Well that's that." My father says grimly coming back into his office. I lean against the wall, arms crossed, back hunched . Tired.

"Why couldn't we just split the land like I suggested" I say. My father gives me an exhausted look before plunking down his large red armchair behind his desk.

"Oliver, it was more complicated then that. Our pack is expanding, we need more land for homes and storage." He sighs, with a hint of annoyance at my persistence.

" But is it safe to build on that land? After the recent events there-"

"We cannot stop because of that terrible accident to the Crone Pack but-" I cut my father off this time.