Oliver (9)

Oliver POV

She didn't deny it. She is something, but as I thought she wasn't willing to tell me. I don't care what she thinks, I want to know. I deserve to know. I'm her mate.

For the rest of the day at school I don't see her at all. Its like she has disappeared or something and I get worried. What she told me scares me. I knew that last night was no accident , Lucas or possibly any member of the pack could have been killed.

I start to think that the attack on the Crone pack might not be that far behind us as much as we thought. It's impossible though for anyone to get past our borders. We have 24 hour guards there. But what if...

"Ollie, are you listening to me." Cassy says to me as we are walking out the front gates of school.

"ahhh..." there's no point in lying.

"You are all over the place these days." She says eying me with the curiosity look when she is trying to get a read on you." What's bothering you, come on you can tell auntie Cassy."

I just raise an eyebrow at her.

"What, I'm not the only one noticing your strange behavior ever since..." she drifts off and I realize she might have actually banged the nail on the head. I quicken my pace to the car. I've wanted to tell someone about it, but having a mate with someone that's not a werewolf is frowned upon. What would people think of there future Alpha?

"...Ever since Mia came you been acting strange." Cassy is catching up to me and I open the drivers seat door before it is roughly shut back. Cassy crosses her arms over her chest, and tapping her inpatient foot.

"It was a long night last night, please I just want to go home." I say sternly, prepared to use an alpha voice if I have to soon. But I am getting more annoyed then angry.

"You like her don't you." She says with a slight high note on the end. I just stare at her. I am not exactly denying it.

"You do!" she says pointing a finger at me.

"Cassy please drop it." I growl put she obviously isn't done yet.

"Why, you like her, its good thing, It means your finally over Kelsey." She argues.

"Cassy, its more complicated then that." I warn, on the verge of blowing up.

"What you're a guy, she's a girl, that's not complicated-"

"She's my mate okay." I hiss and I have never seen Cassy speechless... before she smiles.

"No she's not, she's human, she can't be your mate." She waves off. I keep a straight face as I watch her smile disappear." That's impossible Ollie, we both know that. Your not even 18 yet."

"I know, but that's how it is. When I first saw her I knew, it was just like they described. It doesn't make sense to me either but my grandfather says it happens, Alphas finding their mates before they're of age. "

I feel a little lighter, even if it's just a fraction by telling Cassy. I know she can keep a secret when she has to.

"But she's human, has there ever been a human mate?" Cassy's tone softens.

I shake my head, now leaning against the car. What's the point of telling Cassy she isn't human if I don't even know what she is.

"Ollie you haven't told anyone else have you, not your-"

I cut in" My father, I know what he'll say. I'm just scared of what he might do." I push the awful thought out of my brain. " if he hurt Mia...."

"He's not going to" Cassy reassures." But Ollie you've got to tell Mia."