Mia (8)

Mia POV

Last night makes me tired just even thinking about it . When I woke up to someone pounding on the door I think I was so tired I didn't even realize what it could have meant. But I wasn't expecting Ollie at my front door step.

My mum used to teach me everything she knew about wolfs bane. I understood because it was dangerous for her to handle when it doesn't effect me at all. We had a lot of Wolfs bane cases that use to come to Washington and I remember the old mountain ash box containing all the rare forms of wolf bane.

I got the Who, the What, the When and the How. But I never got the Why. Why were there shreds of glass with Rose Ash on it? And I realize, the answer might have something to do with the sleep walk I had the other night.

Its about 6.30 in the morning right now. I barley got 4 hours sleep last night because I spent most of it explaining what had happened. Desman, Alpha also Ollie's dad was very grateful for my efforts last night. As well as Lucas's mother. I have the bruised rips from her hugs to prove it.

But when ever Ollie or me bought up the glass and the forest the Alpha would dismiss it. And I notice Ollie getting annoyed by this.

I would have slept in as much as possible but I need to go back to where I woke up yesterday. I don't think I woke up in the middle of nowhere. And I think those whispers told me something.

.--..--.-.-.-..-.-

In my tights, boots, navy blue dress and coat I make my way through the forest to the spot I remember yesterday. There's no wind today so it's quieter with out the rustling of the trees.

Danger...scratch- back-purpose...decide-protect...return

The words relate to last night, but I don't understand return.

When I get to the area there's a large tree behind it. There are leaves that cover the ground and I bend down to see a few red leaves that look to be stained with blood, Lucas's I am guessing. I shuffle around for a minute before finding a steady but small stick and crouch down in front of the spot where they found Lucas.

I poke at the ground for a bit until I hear the clink of broken glass. The cover about a half a meter square and they hide well, from being under the leaves.

I think that some one could have dropped a couple of beer bottles, but that doesn't explain the wolfs bane. I crouch there for 5 minutes, thinking before my legs ache and I get up and turn around to walk back dropping the stick.

I take one-step and hear what could be described as a flinging sound. Like a wire slingshot or something. I lift my foot up and place it back down again. Fling.

I whip my boots across the area and see a thin silver wire running across the ground, slightly elevated. I follow it , wiping the leaves as I go. I get to the end where there is a fold out metal contraption that looks like it has been closed.

I realize that it was a trip wire. If you were running towards the glass it would have been elevated higher. Lucas probably triggered it so he fell causing the wire to go down and hide under the leaves so no one would know. Clever, but not clever enough for me....

I look around and feel like no one is looking so I pull up the small little contraption on the end of the wire and do the same as before to find the other side. I bush off the dirt the best I can before shoving it into my pocket. Someone was prepared to kill someone with this.

.--.-..-.-

I walk up the stairs from the clinic to our kitchen when I see my mum there sipping a cup of tea.