Mia (42) Part 2

I decided I wasn't going to fall asleep. So when I heard the early morning birds chirp and watched the rays of light peek in through the curtains I got out of bed. Across from me Cassy was knocked out in sleep, her limbs tangled in and out of the quilt. Scuffing on some ugg boots I walk to the door.

Once outside in the hallway I remember some sense of direction and walked to find the stairs. The sun was only starting to rise so I was guessing it nearly 6 in the morning. But I was glad as I seemed like the only one so far willing to get out of bed early on the weekend.

I wondered around the ground floor awhile, until I made it to the entry way to the back deck. The glass paneling was cracked. As I got closer it got stranger, as I noticed no visible point in which it was hit from.

Air escapes me as I realized what had happened. I had done it. The little scratches up my arm where from glass. Oh god... what had I done.

"Impressive isn't it."

I jump, turning to see where the voice had come from. Landon stood there dressed and ready as if he was going out for a run.

"I did this?" I wasn't sure if I was stating it or asking a question.

He slowly nods." I wasn't there but everyone said it looked like a big shoot out with glass exploding everywhere. Some people thought they had lost their hearing."

"I didn't mean-" I rush out but Landon doesn't let me finish.

"I know, Becca caught me up on a few things. Although she said she never knew you could shatter glass before."

I shrug, giving my self a hug." I didn't either."

Silence follows and I feel slightly uncomfortable with him. We didn't seem to get the best first impressions of each other.

"Do you want to take a walk with me, there's a trail that goes around the house." He asks.

I bite my lip." I don't think that's a good idea..."

"Look." He lowers his voice." I have answers to what you asked last night, I just can't share them in here."

My ears perk up at this, and I nod before he starts leading the way. I hope everyone else decided to sleep in. I haven't thought what to say to anyone if they catch us together. But right now answers are more important.

Once outside we walk a little further out to the borderline. The trail runs along the tree line, giving us some cover from the pack house a couple hundred meters away.

"You asked about my scares?" Landon reminds me and I nod, watching my steps as I regret my poor choice of footwear.

"Yes... when I as talking to Imogen, I saw the scars on her arm. They look exactly like yours. That's why..." I struggle with the next bit, trying to sound as sane as possible." That's why I screamed, I saw the winged man- I felt..."

Landon stops in his tracks." You saw him."

"It was like living through Imogen's memories, it swooped her and slashed her wrist."

Landon goes quite again and we walk like this for a while. I fear he isn't going to say anything else until he starts talking again. His voice grave.

"I was being honest when I said I don't remember much. But when I was running to the border to this pack the next thing I know my back and neck is being torn up. I fell, but before I closed my eyes I saw the man swoop again. He had wings, black wings like you said."

"You never said anything to anyone?" I ask skeptical.

"I did... this is why I came out here to talk to you. I told Alpha Peter what I saw, and some other survivors of the Crone pack. He told us not to say a word about it, it could have been a hallucinogenic in the poisonous gas for all he knew. But he was adamant, he didn't want anyone knowing."