Mia (14)

Mia POV

Last night was a haze. I remember running out of the house but after that was a not much. The next thing I know I was in the forest, and Ollie in only his boxers was staring at me, almost horrified. I saw his ears bleeding slightly. I knew then I had screamed.

I was 10 when I first screamed. It happens for different reasons. The legend says when someone is about to die. And it has happened a couple times but mainly I scream for release. To stop  the whispers, sights and especially sounds that can rage through my head. It helps me listen to the important things ... but last night I didn't get that.

I was dazed, a scream for me like that can take a lot out of you. I remember Ollie picking me up. He washed my feet and then dried my hair which was especially nice...

We hugged and then I was in bed and then that's all I remember. But I remember well enough that more then just Ollie heard my scream last night. And as I lay in my bed now, tangled up in my sheets, praying if I don't get up it wont happen.

I wont have to deal with anything. I am afraid of what people will do to me. I know what they can do to me... they've done it before.

There is a soft knock at my door. I remain silent but I hear it open and I shut my eyes closed. Seconds later my bed dips near me and I feel a rested hand on my side.

"Mia, I know you're awake." I guessed as much. My mothers werewolf hearing could tell. She use to be able to when I refused to get out of bed on a cold day to go to school. I never want to get out of bed again.

I don't know what to say. I would apologize but my mom reminds me that I have no control over what I see and hear. She says it not my fault, its almost like she blames herself.

My mum sighs when I don't respond, I just keep my eyes tightly shut." Last night..." she pauses and I know she means the incident." Well, I have had a word to the alpha-"

I shoot out of bed quicker then a gofer." What?"

Is my mother trying to kill me?

"Honey, he suspected it was you. No one has crossed the boarders and you are the only non-wolf here. But don't worry I told him and he just wants to talk to you."

I take a glance at my mother, I feel nervous." Talk to me?"

"Yes." She says placing a hand over my shaking one." He doesn't seem mad, honey. He is just wants to understand you a bit better. I told him about you, he knows you are no danger."

I analyze my mothers words. I don't like talking to important people. What makes her think I can talk to the alpha of all people?  But I know I have no choice in that matter. For my sake and my mothers I nod. "Okay... I'll talk to him."

"Good, you have five minutes to get ready he is waiting in the living room."

"Mom!" I nearly scream.

"I'm sorry but he wanted it done as soon as possible, don't worry I'll be there with you." She says this, squeezes my hand before getting up. She kisses my forehead and I watch as she is about to leave. A thought crosses my mind.