Oliver(5)

Oliver's POV

The way she looked at me was a mixture of things. Firstly surprised, her eyes became bigger then there already were. But she also looked a blend of hurt, saddened, embarrassed and nervous all at once. I knew she was going to find out, but I wish her reaction wasn't like that. I feel my wolf angry that we displease her.

That's the thing, my wolfs reaction. I was told of the feelings your and your wolf get when you find your mate. That strong urge to be with her. Protection. Some how it feels like you already know her. I mean she was made for you and you were made for her.

It use to bother me that we couldn't choose. I didn't get to choose a lot of things in my life. And maybe I just wanted to be able to meet a girl, and love her for her. Not because I am suppose to. I guess I was against this for while with all the stupid choses I made, especially with girls.

But now I have experienced it, its addictive. Just being in her presence puts me at ease. Which confuses me even more because I not suppose to find my mate so soon. Some have to wait years, and very rarely decades to find there other half.

Its dark out know. I am supposed to be doing my English homework with Lucas but I have my own Romeo and Juliet homework to sort out myself.

My Grandfather, Aiden or we all call him Addie, my dad's dad, past Alpha is a man of knowledge. He's in his late eighties, but still talks with a straight mind. My Father thinks other wise.

I don't know exactly what happened, but a few years back when Addie's mate, my grandma died, Addie apparently lost it. I know he didn't take it well but I never saw him as my father described as 'overly disturbed'.

So now he is forced to sit in his wheelchair, in a dark room at the back of the third floor with not much contact at all. Although I always visit when I can, and I have pretty good reason tonight.

I lightly tap on the door, looking down the hollow corridor before I get a grumble to come in. I carefully open the door and I step into the lowly lit room. It's a basic room with a single bed against the wall with a few draws to the side. A closet and a bathroom to the right. My grandfather in his dainty wheel chair is looking out the window as he always does.

I wipe my hands on my jeans and carefully walk over.

"I'm not eating it, tell my son I want real food." Addie demands in a gruff voice. Agitated as ever. I am guessing they still have him on the soft food diet. My father probably thinks he might use a bone from a lamp chop to fight his way out of here.

"Addie, its me" I sigh and I grab a wooden chair by his bed and place it close to him by the window to talk.

He turns his head to where I now sit. His green eyes, like mine light up and in his age he manages a toothy grin.

"Well for isn't my favorite grandson, haven't seen you in a while." He laughs and has a dry cough bubbly up form his lungs. I quickly go to his chest of draws and grab a left glass of water and bring it to him.

"I'm your only grandson." I remind him and I go place the glass back on the draws.

"Yeah, how's my granddaughter doing, I would like to see her face once in a while." He comments and he wheels his chair over a fraction so he can see me better but still see out of the window. Becca doesn't really come here anymore. Once court by father she got a bit afraid.

"She fine." I reassure changing the topic form family because I know it could turn an ugly head in a minute." Addie I came to talk to you about something."

Addie looks surprised by this. Normally I just visit and we talk about what ever, but he always gives me the best advise. "Ah yes, what is boy?"

"Ahh..." I hesitate for a second. I know my grandfather likes straightforward people. Well I guess that's with all my family. We alphas do, how else are we supposed to get things done?