Mia (36)

Mia POV

'You got to be strong'. Ollie's words are lingering in my mind. Probably because he is right...as usual. I didn't expect the words to hit me so hard but in my situation the words are a good guidance.

So that is why I am currently waiting on a bench beside the training oval watching everyone doing laps or defense attacks on a Saturday morning. I have received some questionable looks and a few heated glares but I ignore them the best I can. I am saving my nervous energy for what I will be saying in hopefully what will be in five minutes.

I noticed some of the gang, which includes Ollie spotting me here, giving me their confused glances. When Ollie did laps, when running past he asked me 'why are you here'. On his second lap I replied with ' you'll see'.

The dreaded time did come and I stood up in my leggings and t-shirt since the weather has become slightly warmer. Everyone was leaving the oval hyped up or completely wiped out. I spotted the gang, who I am hoping will still be my friends after this, walking together about to head back to the pack house.

I take a calming breathe before walking up to them; they seem pretty cheery after their training, laughing and talking. Cassy sees me approaching first, her smile falters for a second, but becomes less excited.

"Ah Hey Mia..." She greets uncomfortably, I haven't really talked to Cassy since the bonfire party and it seems it has put some walls between us.

" I was wondering if I could talk to you guys..." It comes out it hurry and the rest of the gang had already stopped but they seemed slightly confused, Although Ollie was the most. I look to see other people watching us and I clear my throat." Ah... privately."

Some how they all agree and I lead them towards the forest area, so no one can be listening. I can hear whispers of confusion between Ollie, Cassy, Trent, Lucas, Zach, Becca and Kelsey.

I get to a spot where I feel like we are a far enough away from prying ears. I turn to face them. I rub my palms together in a nervous gesture as I slowly take my eyes from the ground to their faces.

Its quiet for a while until Trent speaks." Ah no offense Mia... but should we be afraid?"

His words are quickly repaid with Cassy elbowing him in the stomach. He hunches over with a grunt staring daggers at Cassy.

"What... led to a quiet place in the woods... no one else knows where here... sound familiar." He gets out through pained breaths. I try and ignore his statement.

"What are you trying to say-" Cassy bites back." You great insensitive-"

"Look!" I say louder then expected to cut Cassy off; all eyes go to me slightly alarmed. I never really was the demanding type." I wanted to tell you guys something." I turn my gaze directly to Trent's with a flat expression." And they is nothing to be afraid off." I didn't add the yet at the end.

I see slight guilt on his face but he nods as if to say to continue.

And something I didn't think about was where to begin, but it's probably best to start with the obvious.

" You have probably heard all these rumors not only about me but what's been happening in the pack for a while now." I explain and they seem to have a face of recognition, which seems to have gotten their attention.

"Well I...Ah..." I become more nervous about what to say next when I meet Ollie's eyes. His face is practically screaming to not continue but I look away and close my eyes." I was responsible for the screams because... I'm a banshee."

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-..--..-.----.

After what seemed to be minutes or hours, I peek one eye open at the silence that follows the statement. There faces all seem to be in a state of surprise... Ollie's probably is because I actually stated that out loud.

I wasn't surprised that Trent was the one to say something first." So the ghost story... isn't true."

Trent referring to the story that was told a long time ago, which I figured out to be Roslaine, Ollies's Grandmother who screamed while she was on the pack territory. The ghost story was to frighten children to make sure they didn't go out side at night. But out of all the things he asked me, it was that and I cant help but chuckle.

"No... that was me." I ring my wrists, awkwardly. A few minutes go by with a bombardment of questions about being a banshee and activity around the pack. I try answer them they best I could. Lucas was the most enthusiastic I have seen in a long time, asking me some many questions. I remember him telling me his interest in supernatural creatures and beings. I am assuming I am the first supernatural person he has met that isn't a werewolf.

The questions slow down and when there is silence before Becca, who was very quiet through out the whole thing speaks." What about Addie?"

Guilt washes over me and she is probably having the same thoughts as Ollie had.

"My powers aren't as strong as some other banshees... but I wish I could have done something." Becca doesn't seem overall happy with my answer but she nods.

"So I am presuming this is to be kept secret." Cassy states and I give a definite nod.

"Well." Zach says clapping his hands together." I think that sums it up."

Everyone looks about ready to leave until Ollie speaks up for the first time." Actually, there is one more thing." Ollie steps around his sister to come join me and I furrow my eyebrows at him. What is he up to?

He comes to stand beside me and I turn my head to look at him. He gives me a wink and I think by that playful gesture alone I knew what he was bout to say.

"Ollie..." I whisper harshly but it is ignored.

"Since we are revealing long kept secrets-" Ollie announces and I don't have tome to complain as his hand slips into mine. " Mia and I are mates."

-.--..---.-..--.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-..-

the big dramatic reveal!!!! Sorry for the long wait on an update.

But thank you for all the support on the story which includes the Votes and Comments and just even reading it.

So please continue with that and I hope to update soon again.!

Love u