Mia (12)

Mia's POV

I woke up this morning not feeling right. I have had this feeling before. Something bad is going to happen.

And by the time I got to school it just kept growing. Everything became louder. Slamming lockers 100 meters away could make me jump. Whispers seem to be admitting in my head but they wouldn't disappear, I couldn't make out what they were saying and it was getting to me.

I got weird looks walking down corridors, when I would put I finger in my ear to stop the droning noise that was in my head. I race to my locker before homeroom forgetting my book for English.

"Hey Mia." The voice rings through my ears and bang my self on my locker door with a jump.

Zach stands there leaning beside me tilting his head.

"Sorry, didn't mean to frighten you, you okay?" He asks and it fades in and out. I hear a cough. A wheezy one from the chest like it's hard for someone to breathe. I look around but there's no evidence that there's someone sick around me.

"Mia" I focus my hearing back on Zach, who now looks worried.

"Yeah, hey, sorry, I'm fine." I say with a fake smile but Zach doesn't question it.

The cough I hear again and I whirl my head around but there's no one there.

"I was just wondering if-" his question is droned out by the ear piecing sound of the bell which nearly makes me drop my books.

"Ill see you at lunch." I say shortly and race to my homeroom. I get shoved a bit form other students trying to get to there classes as well and when I make it in there I breathe a sigh of relief.

.-.-.-.-.-..-.-..-.-

First period English was alright. Things were quiet as we just sat there writing out answers to questions about ' How to Kill a Mocking Bird'. I read the book before so it was easy to get through.

I realize next period I have Modern History which means Ollie is going to be in my class. I will just have to avoid him, which is easier said then done.

I had to go to the toilet, which made me late for class so when I got there the only seat that wasn't taken was in the back row, right next to Ollie. My teacher gives me a look, of hurry up so I do. Scurrying to the back and taking my seat.

I place my books on the desk and Mrs Papkie, starts the lesson. I feel Ollie's eyes on me and I shift uncomfortably.

The coughing starts again and I whirl my head around the room to see if there is a source and I watch carefully but there's non. Its disturbing. A wheezing cough that sounds almost like someone choking.

"Hey you okay?" I hear the whisper beside me and I look to see a concerned Ollie watching me I just nod my head and focus back at the front.

Cough....

It goes again and it feels like its right behind me so I slowly peek over my shoulder but find nothing. My palms are starting to sweat. I don't like this. The wheezing continues and I hold on to the edge of my books tighter as it gets louder.

I know Ollie is still watching me, but that is not helping as I feel the erge to get a red hot poka and stick it through my ears.

Mrs Papkie goes on and on about something I cannot pay attention to because of the cough that seems to be getting louder and longer between breathes. I try concentrating on anything, but its no use.