Oliver (39)

Oliver's POV

Damn it, damn it, damn it! I kept repeating in my head as I left Mia's house, where her mother just recently caught us together. I didn't know what she was going to tell her, but either way I didn't think her mother would welcome me with open arms.

I was still covered in baking ingredients as I made it to the pack house. Luckily all the pack was mainly out or in the background currently celebrating my sisters and I's birthday party.

Instead of going straight to my bedroom to have a shower, I needed something to calm my nerves. I head to the kitchen, were I knew my father's secret stash of booze was.

But before I could rummage behind the sauces in the pantry I heard someone entering the kitchen.

"There's the man of the hour- what the hell happened to you?" Trent asks as he takes in my state, popping his head in the walk in pantry.

"I was baking with Mia." I state, agitated and needed my hands on a whisky bottle.

Trent leans on the doorway clad in his board shorts and grey t-shirt. He smiles with a cheeky look in his eyes as he takes me in." Hmm... Kinky, I like it."

"Not like that." I growl back at him, before switching to our mind link connection.

-Her mother walked in on us.

Trent's smile disappears , and concern creases in brows.

-Well I guess that's why I heard your distant cursing in my head before... is she going to tell her that your mates?

I sigh heavily, taking a break from searching and lean on the shelves.

-I don't know.

I could feel my wolf trying to burst out of me, my agitated state wasn't helping. I continue my search, and successfully find the licker.

I take it off the shelf and brush past Trent, who seems troubled by a whole new reason now.

"Are you sure that's a good idea?" Trent advises as I place the whisky on the counter, about to search for a glass.

" It's my birthday, let me do what I want." I cuss, wondering sarcastically in my head when Trent decided to become my father.

I decide who needs glasses. Screw them.

I take the bottle, unscrew the top and am about to take my first swig until Trent grabs my wrist.

"I don't think we should be going down this road again." Trent says, his grip on my wrist still firmly in place.

I crane my neck slightly to look up the short distance to his eyes. Trent was defiantly being serious now. Something I am not use to with him.

"Said by the guy who spent the whole of last week drinking with me."

"Twice." Trent corrects." I spent two nights drinking with you, the others were making sure you got home in one piece and didn't make any decisions which would have made you a hypocrite to Kelsey and heart breaker to Mia."

Last week was a haze. At least the nights were I barely remembered what occurred during parties or hang outs with friends and alcohol. The mornings were just full blown hangovers.

"I wouldn't have done anything." I state, tension growing.

"No you wouldn't of, because I was there to stop you." Trent takes the bottle from my hand, prying it away." As much as I hate to admit it this isn't your answer, and from your last experience we have discovered it."