Oliver (13)

Oliver POV

I woke up at around 12 30 am with a weird feeling in the pit of my stomach. Like something was wrong. Distressing.

I lay there in bed for a moment pondering on things of the day. Mia obviously hates me enough to run out of class so she doesn't have to talk to me. She looked really paranoid.

I reluctantly get up out of bed seeing how I couldn't fall back to sleep after a few minutes and think it might be because it's a little stuffy in here.  I go over to the window and I am about to shove it open when movement outside catches my eye.

My wolf goes on high alert but when I look closer, confusion hits me in a wave.

Mia, in bare foot and pj's is scrambling through the border of the forest. She looks scared and distressed by something as she keeps heading for the heart of the woods.

I waste no time once I see her figure disappear, to head out of my room. I'm only wearing boxers but that doesn't matter when your mate is running through the woods in the middle of the night.

The floorboards are creaky as usual as I walk as quickly as possible down the three flights of stairs and out the back door where I last saw Mia. I step out side and it's freezing. Mia is not like us and she could freeze to death.

I sniff the air and catch the addictive smell of lemon, sugar and roses and follow my nose through the forest.

I curse a few times stepping on twigs, but I decide not to shift because I don't want to freak Mia out when I find her.

And when I do, something about it looks abnormal. She looks like she has gone over the edge and I hated to admit to myself but the way she was crouched down, hands on ears mumbling and rocking back and forth, creepted me out.

I was about 10 feet away" Mia" I say but there's no response and I can see she is almost at the point of tears. "Mia"

I say it louder before I deicide to crouch down right in front of her. Her eyes are frantic looking over the ground and I notice her shivering uncontrollably because she is still slightly wet and her long auburn hair is dripping.

"I can't do anything... please... I can't help you..." she keeps chanting and I think for a second she is talking to me but it almost seems like she has no idea I am here.

I am about to reach out and touch her shoulder when her eyes go the color of silver and she screams. An ear-piercing scream.

-..-.-.-.-.—.-.-.-..-.—...-.-.-

It wasn't a scream like a girl in a horror movie. It was one that bellowed through you, like a warning call that was so loud. I yelled and covered my ears and tried to scramble away. My wolf whimpering with its errie presence that echoed through the forest.

After what felt like minutes, but was really seconds she stopped. I removed my hands from my ears to find reminisce of some blood. She was that loud and I know that the whole pack was awoken by it.