Mia (22)

Mia POV

I told you so, is the phrase that keeps going through my head. I know I should have done more yesterday, stopped...Zeke from going. Told the truth or as extreme as tie him up and hide him away until after the scavenger hunt.

But all I know is I can't change the past. Zeke is dead from getting an arrow through the eye and a 20 feet death drop.

It turns out Zeke's team was frustrated that we were keeping the lead on the scavenger hunt. So it was his plan for the rest of the team to try and work out the clue at the last point and he follows us to the tree stump to get ahead. Zeke must have worked it out before us and ran to The Drop Off.

I don't know what made me leave the group, but a subconscious force made me walk away, an inch away from falling off that cliff myself. I get drawn to death, and Zeke was already dead when I arrived there.

Now I am sitting on the steps leading from the clinic to my apartment listening in to my mother's office, where currently, my mother, Alpha Desman, Beta Thomas and Eric are having a serious conversation.

"- Everyone saw it, Alpha you cant hide these attacks anymore... we are at war." Eric says, distress in his voice. Part of him must feel guilty for being the leader of protection.

"I know..." the Alpha grits out, sounding like it took him a lot to admit it. He lets out a long sigh" Amanda, you said the arrow was laced with wolfs bane."

I furrow my eyebrows at this, wolfs bane was used? I guess not seeing the body up close myself I wouldn't have considered it. An arrow through an eye and a 20 feet drop is a death worthy with out the wolfs bane.

My mother speaks" Yes, Alpha one of the rarest in the world... Devils Helmet, it has one of the quickest deaths imaginable."  I remember that from when cases came to our place in Washington, when pack members, rogues or trusted friends of my mother would come with cases of Devil's Helmet poisoning. By the time we got to the person , they already had a 98% chance of making it considering it's unnatural infection rates.

" Amanda did your daughter say anything about tonight, with her abilities..." Alpha Desman inquires and I listen in for my mothers answer.

"No." She says simply, and I relax a little." With all due respect Alpha, I wish to keep my daughter out of this."

"I understand." Desman replies, although he sounds skeptical of that." But please, if she says anything to you with out being asked, inform us."

"Yes Alpha" I hear my mother push away the agitation in her voice by his request, I know now not to mention anything. Considering she doesn't want the Alpha to know about it anyway. But I have a feeling my abilities have not been put out of there use yet.

"Eric." Desman speaks up." Pack your bags and get ready to leave by tomorrow afternoon, we will be going to Duston Pack to discuss the threat that is upon us. Thomas, you will run things here while I am away."