Mia (24)

Mia POV

"This is a stupid idea Mia." Cassy reminds me for the seventh time as we are trekking through the forest.

My 'stupid' idea, is to go to the place where Zeke was found dead. I figured that wherever the arrow was shot from they're had to be some reminisce of someone or something being there.

"I don't see any better ones." I retort back making it closer to the drop off.

"I have one, why don't you leave it to the werewolves of the pack." Cassy says." You know, like the people in charge."

"Fine I might not be a werewolf, but if you would like to go up and possibly get wolfs bane poisoning be my guest." I turn around and Cassy just glares at me as I smirk in victory.

"Mia" Cassy sounds more concerned now." You don't have to do this."

I find it very comforting that she cares, and it makes we feel genuine inside but I have this feeling like I can't sit still. I could have stopped Zeke's death and now it's my turn to stop more. Lets hope there is no more.

"I just have to do this, okay?" I whisper and Cassy reluctantly nods before we start walking again. Sooner then later we finally make it to the drop off area. I put my hands on my hips and inspect the area; the forest is denser around here.

"So, what now?" Cassy asks and I look to me right.

"Well considering the arrow was shot from the east, we head this way." I point to the right and we start heading that way a little further from the cliff.

"Do I want to know how you know this?" Cassy replies skeptically and I hear her following me.

"Well remembering the angle of the arrow, also taking that in consideration, the arrow would have been shot from a high point, I am taking a guess from a tree." I ramble away and find myself standing in front of a tall pine tree.

"Oh no!" Cassy says realizing where I am going with this." You are not climbing a tree, Ollie would-"

I cut her off" First, Ollie isn't the boss of me, and secondly Ollie isn't going to do anything because he isn't going to find out." And with that I make my first attempt at climbing this tree.

"Be careful." Cassy calls out." You're going to need to be..."

" I heard that." I call back bringing myself up onto a low hanging branch about a meter and a half off the ground. I lean against the tree trunk, with my feet on the branch. I am already a bit out of breath when I look down on to Cassy." See that wasn't so hard."

Cassy rolls her eyes with a hint of a playful smile." How far are you planning on going up that tree?"

I tilt my head up and try not to let my head spin from how high this tree is. I know I don't have to go to the top but at least a little under half way where the arrow could have been possibly shot from." As far as it takes." I say, meaning more behind it.