Chapter 6

I got to school ten minutes earlier than usual. Unfortunately, the early custodians had already corralled the ducks into the main lobby. People were crowded around the poor ducks, making them nervous. 

"What the hell is going on?" A voice asked, curiously. Tate easily made his way to the front of the crowd. He was munching on a sandwich. It looked like peanut butter. Ew. 

A crumb from the bread of the sandwich fell to the ground and in unison, all five ducks snapped their heads towards Tate. 

"Okay, that was a little creepy." He said, and subconsciously took a small step back. The ducks started to slowly waddle towards the crumbs that he dropped. Everyone watched in silence as the ducks finished the breadcrumbs. 

They all looked at Tate expectantly. 

He looked at them nervously and took a bite of his sandwich. 

It happened so quick. 

One second everything was still and the next all five ducks charged. 

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is how Tate Marks ended up being chased by a mob of ducks. His shrill, girly scream echoed down the halls as he held onto his sandwich for dear life. 

The crowd bursted out laughing and whipped out their phones. 

Needless to say, the whole school would know about this by third period. 

The custodians who were in charge of the ducks must have just realized that they weren't doing their jobs because they took off after the ducks.

"All students report to homeroom, immediately." The loud speaker announced.  

Slowly, the crowd dispersed, moseying along to class.

During first period, the PA system started to speak. "Luna Ludwig, please report to the principal's office immediately." I gulped. 

The whole class turned around and looked at me. It was childish how I heard a few "Ooh"s like kindergartners say when someone is in trouble. 

I picked up my books and dragged my feet out of the classroom and down the hall. 

As I approached the principal's office, I saw Tate sitting in the nurses office through the window next door. He had gauze wrapped around his forearm. 

The secretary glared at me. "You must be Luna Ludwig."

"Yeah." I answered sitting in a chair. 

"Don't bother sitting down. Principal Wallace is waiting for you." 

I stood back up and walked into his office. 

Principal Wallace is an overall nice guy. He is overweight and balding. His small glasses sat at the tip of his nose. 

"Ms. Ludwig, please have a seat." His voice was serious. I sat down in a plushy rather comfortable chair. "You are aware of the situation this morning, correct?" 

"Yes, sir." I answered him, bowing my head slightly in shame. 

"Can I see your student ID please?" He held out his hand. 

I took off my lanyard and gave it to him. He held my card close to his glasses and looked down at it.

"Your ID number matches the one used to unlock the front doors of the school last night." 

I mentally face-palmed. How stupid could I be?

"The security cameras were hit by a football earlier yesterday and broken. Is that incident related to the ducks?" He gave me back my card. 

Into the Dark (Completed) जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें