Chapter 13

"Don't scream." The figure reached over and I took a step back.

"I-I'll kick your ass. Stay where you are!" I threatened. If I screamed would my mother get here before the figure did? Would she even bother to investigate why I'm screaming or will she just go back to sleep?

"It's me, Luna. Tate." He flicked on the lamp by my bed. Light flooded the room and reveal Tate in his usual black v-neck t-shirt with matching black jeans.

I let out a sigh of relief. I'm not going to die today.

Then came the anger. "What the hell, Tate?!" I raised my voice, not caring if I woke up my mother or not. "I've had the police here once today. I'm not afraid to call them back."

"That's why I'm here. You called the police." Tate ran a hand through his dark hair. "I know we scared you earlier, but none of us expected you to call the police."

I stepped into the room and closed the door behind me. "What are you talking about?"

"None of the guys are angry, but you need to tell me what you told them." Whether Jackson, Conner, or Josh is mad at me, I don't know, but by the way Tate's lips are pressed together and his eyes narrowed, I can tell that Tate is angry.

"Wait a minute," I paused. "How did you know that the police were by my house?" I crossed my arms.

Tate just rolled his eyes. "Don't avoid the question. What did you tell them Luna?"

It's so not cool to stalk someone and stake out their house. It's also a huge waste of time. I'm not stupid. I know that it has something to do with Sal. Tate said earlier in the office that he doesn't like the fact that Sal talked to me.

How Sal is involved, I don't care. He hasn't really bothered me. The worst he did was corner me in class, but he actually helped me. I would have never known about the guys' extracurricular activities if it wasn't for him.

"Don't get your panties in a twist, Wall-e. I didn't call the police about you or the guys." The towel sliped a little and I grabbed it quickly before I flashed the guy. I had forgotten that I was practically naked.

Tate leaned back on my bed, propping himself up on his elbows, and smirked. It seems that he realized how close he was to getting a show, too. "Then why did you call them?"

I glared at him, but he wasn't looking at my face. "Eyes up here, Marks." I ordered him and he looked up. "Will you get out so I can get changed?"

He seemed to ponder the question for a few seconds before shaking his head. "Nah, I'm good here."

I stomped over to my dresser and pulled out a t-shirt and checkered pajama bottoms.

Without saying another word to him, I left the room.

After I got changed in the bathroom, I walked back to my room.

Tate was looking through my bedside drawer.

"Hey!" I interrupted his search. "Stay out of there."

He closed the drawer and looked back at me. "I liked the towel better."

I huffed at him, but didn't comment. "Can you leave?"

"After you tell me what you called the police about. It wasn't Sal, right?" He stood up from the bed.

"What's up with Sal anyway?" I asked him, still wondering if he found anything embarrassing in his search through my room.

"Luna." His voice was stern and there wasn't a hint of playfulness in it.