EPILOGUE

"What do you want?" Michelle groaned. "It's still so early for you to call, nerdpid."

I called Michelle on her phone because her phone vibrated earthquakes on the cabinet beside her, and she's been so difficult to wake up recently. Not even Beyonce's Countdown could wake her up.

"I love you." I said as sweetly as I can. I've known my Michelle so long to know and be very aware that she certainly hates being woken up from her sleep.

It's been nine years since I was randomly matched with a marvellous specie of a woman, Michelle Athena Santillan. Michelle graduated with her bachelor's degree in Electronics and Communications Engineering five years ago. She was able to finish it in four and a half years. Damn, what a smart woman she is. Such a turn on 'til today.

As soon as I finished high school, I got in college before the first semester started, so I started college during the summer. I took Advance summer classes every year to get my degree early. I didn't take up an Engineering course, Michelle encouraged me to go for what I loved and excelled in, which confused me at first because I was certain that I wanted to take up Civil Engineering, but she gave me the idea of taking up Architecture, and boy was it hard but worth it, because I loved it. So, I graduated with my bachelor's degree in Architecture a year and a half after she did.

Michelle's been working really hard and got promoted two years ago, and she's saved up enough to start a mini business of her own: a beach rest house themed coffee shop. She's been enjoying it a lot, especially when her elder sister, Melodia, a pastry chef, whipped up everything in the menu. I, on the other hand, have worked on designing condominiums and house designs for subdivisions, and health centres for kids.

If you're wondering how we worked it out, well, I can say that it's thanks to our determination. We were both determined to one day stop worrying about distance, and we did. Distance didn't matter to us anymore, because we managed our priorities well enough and we trusted each other well enough.

"That is not working on me, tall freaktard." She still calls me unique nicknames until now. I still love them though. "I'm going back to sleep. It's five in the morning."

"Oh come on, just wake up already." I said really cheerfully.

"Fine," she groaned. "I'll get changed first. I'll get back to you as soon as I finish making myself look like a goddess again. I surely look like Cerberus right now."

I laughed. "You're my beautiful Cerberus though." I'm sure she was smiling on the other side of the phone call. "Tomato."

"Shut up."

Yep. Michelle, still tomatoes. It's always an achievement for me.

"Hey, is she ready?" Rose asked over the phone. "Adam and I are tired of hiding here already."

"I'm getting cramps already," Sean muttered from the background. "Does it take that long for Athena to get up? I feel like my feet is about to come off anytime soon."

"That's cause you're getting fat," Rose spat at Sean.

"Babe's right. You are getting fat, Seany boy," Adam said.

"I got taller, not fatter. You guys are just insecure because I'm taller than all of you, and that you are the ones getting bigger. I understand Rose, perfectly. But you, Adam, why are you getting bigger?" Sean arugued.

Travis butt in the conversation, probably somewhere closer to Sean because he sounded as far as Sean did. "No. You shouldn't understand Rose. She gave birth a year and a half ago already, she's not supposed to be as big as she is right now."