Chapter Sixteen - Instincts, You Better Not Make Me Look Stupid Tomorrow

(October 18, 10:00 PM - Philippines | October 18, 9:00 AM - Chicago)

It was all thanks to Rosalie for all this. When she texted me after I Skyped with Michelle, I thought it had something to do with sicknesses or getting in trouble or something. With the tone she used in the message, who wouldn't think of that? It's urgent never sounded like good news.

Rosalie Nieves

Marc. I gotta tell you something. It's urgent. Text back soon.

Me: Did something wrong happen?

Rosalie: No. But I'm sure you'll be happy with what I'm about to tell you.

Me: You're worrying me not getting me excited.

Rosalie: Just promise me you won't mention anything about this to Michelle. She has no clue about this.

Me: No. I will not lie to Michelle. I will not work with some things or plans behind her back.

Rosalie: We're coming to Chicago.

Oh my God.

I had to keep rereading the message just to make sure it wasn't something else.

Chicago.

We're coming to Chicago.

Chicago.

Me: Are you for real?

Rosalie: Yes. We're flying there tomorrow. Our flight leaves at 4:00 AM, we'll be there by 8:00 PM here, so it would be around 7:00 AM there. Did I get that right?

Me: Yeah. You got that right. How did you know our time zone difference by the way? I thought Michelle doesn't really like to share with you guys about us.

Rosalie: I just know. And hey, she does share with us about you guys.

Me: That's only when you ask her. More like interrogate her.

Rosalie: Yeah, but she still shares. Okay, that's not the reason I'm texting you. So, we're coming there, are you going to be there to pick her up?

Me: You had to ask? Of course I will!

Rosalie: Alright, you better be there on time. My uncle, Travis and I have planned something out for the surprise already.

Me: What are you gonna do?

Rosalie: It's quite complicated, so I'll leave it to her to explain what we did. Anyway, are you gonna do something besides show up as our surprise for her?

Me: I'll whip up something besides showing up. :)

Rosalie: Good. You better make it good, it's our birthday surprise for her. :)

It's Michelle's 18th birthday on the 21st this month. I thought of sending her a gift but then I was so caught up with school and basketball practice and I end up leaving school at night and I have to be home to help mom with dinner. So I didn't get a chance to go to a store to buy her something.

I seriously have to give her the surprise she wouldn't forget.

Me: You really are the best friends a person can have. Thank you, Rose. Tell Travis I said thanks too. :) How long are you guys staying here?

Rosalie: Sure thing, and we're staying there for 2 weeks.

2 weeks! 2 weeks of Michelle!

Me: Oh god. This feels so unreal! Are you sure you aren't pranking me?

Rosalie: I'm not pranking you. What's up with the both of you by the way?