Chapter 18 - Pizza and Ice Cream

"Where are we going?" Michelle asked.

I smiled. "Do you know how good that sounds? 'Where are we going' just emphasizes the fact that we are together right now." 

Her grip on my elbow tightened a little and she laughed. "Right. Finally."

We are now walking towards the SUV. Luckily, mom allowed me to use the car for today and it is all because of Michelle. She was as excited as I was. When I told her about it, she squealed and rushed to my dad to tell him about it too and then my dad was also excited. The next thing I knew they were already cleaning up the whole house -dusting the shelves, taking out special ornaments and utensils used for special occasions, trimmed the front and back lawn grass, and even cleaned up the cars. They were that excited to meet someone who is not my girlfriend. Yet.

The SUV is not new, but it's really handy, but sometimes too bulky for a two-person ride like one we're having right now. It's a 2011 Ford Escape, too big for just two persons going around right? I really don't know why mom told me to bring this instead of the tinier Honda Civic. Maybe it's cause mom thought Michelle would be bringing luggage enough for a whole year stay? Michelle isn't that type though.

"Woah, an SUV?" she laughed.

I sighed, "Yeah. Do you mind?"

She giggled. "No, not at all. Quite big for just the two of us though. The rest of the guys could've fit, I think. They might have wanted to ride this one."

"They probably would have, but it wouldn't be a date anymore." I said. I saw her get caught off guard and blushed right after. Damn, she's cute.

"I think Uncle Ross got a service car to bring them to the hotel." she said.

"Your Uncle Ross is a rich man, isn't he?" I joked.

"Not my uncle, Rose's uncle. And yes, he is. Quite hard to reach, in fact." she laughed.

I walked her to the passenger side of the vehicle, opened the door for her and helped her get in. She held my hand when she jumped inside. Yes, she had to jump. When she took my hand for support, Good Lord, the feels went all over my spine. And let me tell you, her hand was cute too. Her fingers are really small and she kept her nails short.

"Thank you." she smiled. That smile. I can finally see it right in front of me.

I walked to the driver's side and got in the car. I switched on the car and buckled my seatbelt. I looked at Michelle and she was looking at me.

"Mich?"

"Yeah?"

"Seat belt."

"Oh yeah," she quickly got her seatbelt and buckled it. "Sorry. Not used to wearing seat belts. We rarely use seat belts back in the Philippines."

"You guys don't?" I asked, shocked.

"Yep," she said, popping the p. "Most of our public transportation vehicles don't have seat belts, and road rules on seat belts are not that strict there. Another weird Philippine fun fact." she laughed.

"That's cool. I wanna try driving, or even riding a vehicle without wearing a seatbelt." I said.

"Too bad, you can't do that here though. Well, that's what I see in movies." she said.

"Yes, I can. Another thing added to the list I will be doing when it's my turn to go to the Philippines." I smiled. She was stunned. I think she didn't expect me to say that. Of course, she didn't. "Did you think I wouldn't bother trying to go to your place? Of course, I would Michelle."