Chapter Eleven - Care Package

One full week.

Michelle's out doing college stuff, and I just started with my summer vacation. I haven't done anything productive at all. I haven't gone out much at all. It's like Spring Break all over again.

Michelle keeps pushing me to do something, like go to the beach or join a summer camp. I try to, I do, but I just don't feel like it at all. I end up staying all day at home, snuggled in my room, playing video games and just waiting to jump out of bed when my phone notification rings for Michelle's reply or a message from her signaling me to call her on Skype. I may go out the house to go to the gym during the mornings and to play basketball with Adam and Peter during the afternoons, but I keep my phone close to me always and it is never on Silent Mode.

"So, Marc, we were planning to go to Park Grill tomorrow," Adam says as he dribbles the ball. We were playing against each other. Peter wanted to rest 'for a minute'. "We were hoping you could come with us."

"Sure. What time did you plan on going?" I asked. Please don't let it be late afternoon. Michelle would be up then for her morning walk.

"Late afternoon," shoot."Probably almost six."

Shoot all the more. I will miss my night Skype with Michelle. But I also have turned down a lot of offers from Adam and Peter.

*I'm awesome!*

I quickly left my spot and bolted to the bench where my phone was.

eatyourmeatshells: Permission to speak with Sir Espejo of Chicago. ;)

A smile quickly made its mark on my face. Can this lady get any better?

Me: Permission granted. :)

Michelle: Where are you?

Me: I'm just outside my house, chilling.

Liar. I was outside my house, but not the out at the lawn type of outside. The court is a few blocks away.

Michelle: Call me? :)

Me: Sure. Wait, I have to change.

"Guys! I have to get home," I stood up and quickly picked my towel and extra shirt up, "Now."

Then I rushed all the way out of the court.

"How about tomorrow!" Adam shouted.

"I'll just text you!"

On my way back to my house, while I was running, I took my sweaty jersey off and changed into the extra shirt I brought. It was like how Clark Kent would run in an alley to change into his Superman outfit except I wasn't as big as he was, or fit as he was, or good looking as he was, or good as he was, or... never mind. The point is, I felt like that, but I know I looked really stupid. Who would change on the sidewalk, running?

I got home a few minutes after I rushed out of the court. When I stepped foot in the hallway between the dining room and the living room, I made my way up the stairs, two steps at a time until...

"Marc?"

I jolted in surprise, causing me to pause halfway through the stairs.

"Mom! Don't come up to me like that!" I leaned on the wall to catch my breath.

"Well, you practically came up to me," Mom was in front of me, holding up the laundry basket. "Why are you in a hurry?"

*I'm awesome!*

That was the notification tone I set, it was Barney Stinson in How I Met Your Mother.

eatyourmeatshells: Did the duke of Chicago die? ;)