*Chapter Fifteen - Somewhere Only We Know

This chapter is a special chapter using Michelle's POV.

~~~

Michelle Athena Santillan

(October 18, 10:00 PM - Philippines | October 18, 9:00 AM - Chicago)

"Your face is also getting older, Mich," Travis said. He was sprawled on the bed, twirling his necklace with his finger. That was the necklace the three of us got for each other this year. It was a heart divided into three, the middle part was a puzzle which connected the heart. Rosalie had the Best, Travis had Friends, and I had Forever.

We bought it at Claire's for Rosalie's birthday the other week, on the 9th of this month and we just decided that it would also be their birthday gift for me and a belated birthday gift for Travis. It so happened that it was Marc and I's 7th month of friendship that day too.

He likes celebrating mini occasions like these. He's girlier than I am. But I gotta admit, I like celebrating it, too. I wanted to initiate that type of celebration between us, but I thought he would somehow find it freaky and too clingy. It turned out he was the one initiating the celebration and he would demand to do something special on that day.

This month's friendship month anniversary thing, whatever he called it, I wasn't able to communicate with him. I was too caught up with studying and finishing up some projects other subjects required. Being the nerdy me, I couldn't take crammed projects. I felt so guilty for forgetting it when I read his message 2 days after he sent it that day.

Good morning Michelle Athena.

7 months of friendship! I couldn't believe we've been friends for so long already. It felels like it was just yesterday when I bumped into you in Meow. Thank God for Meow Chat, for random chat, for random match. Thank God for you. I never thought I could have a girl for a best friend. All the more a girl living 8000 miles away from me. That was the least thing I thought of. I would have not even thought of it. But it was and it is the best least thing I could have.

Thanks for being an awesome friend! Couldn't ask and want for anyone better.

I felt super guilty for forgetting, so I sent him a screenshot of my playlist to let him know that I thought of him once in a while.

He was unbelievably nosey the day he sang Happy. He would constantly call out for me and say nothing after I reply to him. I didn't find it annoying though. I actually found it cute how he wanted to get my attention. My ex never did that, and he would never do that either. He would go girly cold with me instead.

Anyway, hell is finally over! Semestral Break is here! What makes it better is... The Three Idiots are heading out of the country for the whole break, meaning for a whole month! All thanks to Rosalie's uncle and Rosalie's privilege card to this certain hotel outlet kind of thing.

I don't really know where we're going. Rosalie's uncle wouldn't tell us at all. He says 'I want it to be a surprise you couldn't get out off.' I kinda am worried about this because the past surprises I got were breaking eggs on my head, plastic poop, a calculator (cause I got broke mine due to frustration), and a journal planner that was of no use because I only had two months and a few weeks to use it.

"Shut up, Trav," I threw a pillow at him, "Just because I was born a year before both of you guys doesn't mean you can take that against me. Mind you, you look older than me."

He really does.

"No, I don't. That's just because I'm taller than you," then he smiled that weirdo smirk that looks more like a stupid Joker kind of smile.