Chapter Twenty-Three - One Month Too Little

Third Week of Second Semester
(November 24, 7:30 AM - Philippines | November 23, 6:30 PM - Chicago)

I'm in school two hours before my first class starts because it's raining, and we have flood problems in the city and since I don't drive and my elder sister and her hubby had to go somewhere quite early, they offered to drop me off. Too early, but I had to take my chances.

Me: Sorrrrryy ):

Duke of Chicago: I understand. I’ve had my days when I couldn’t Skype with you too, this time it’s your turn.

Me: That kinda makes me feel worse. ):

Duke of Chicago: Oops. I didn’t mean that. Cheer up already. Zeus wouldn’t want his favourite daughter pouting all day.

Me: I don’t think Athena is Zeus’ favourite daughter.

Duke of Chicago: I insist. You’re the best.

Me: No I’m not. I think Poseidon’s the best.

Duke of Chicago: That’s cause you love the sea so much, you think the god of the seas is the best. What is his magic without some wit? Calamity! See? You’ve got to be the best.

Me: Oh God, I miss you.

Duke of Chicago: God knows very well that I miss you more.

"I don't get this problem though," Sean said. I looked up too quickly, that made me look suspicious. He was eating a tuna pizza again, and he bought me one again. “Oh sorry, is that your boyfriend? I didn’t mean to disturb you.”

“Nah, it’s fine. We’re just texting,” I said, pressing the send button. “So you were saying you’re having a hard time with which problem?”

"This one, crud. I should have asked Ate over the phone. Now you end up doing more problems than I did." So you see, here in the Philippines we call our elder sisters or any lady who is older than us Ate (ah-te).

"It's fine. How about I guide you so you're still the one answering this problem?" He nodded. His hair is amazingly puffier today and God it looks so smooth. I bet Rose would kill me because of jealousy since I'm talking to attractive guy right here. I look around the study lounge, and I haven't even finished halfway and I've already counted at least 3 groups of ladies checking him out. Each group had around 4 to 5 ladies, so that would be at least 12 girls looking at him. I scanned some more, and I counted 5 more ladies. Woah, this guy sure is something. Some of them even noticed me, and I’m pretty sure I just read what their minds were saying. Why her? Ehem, excuse me ladies. I’ve got my own sexy Mexican in the other side of the map.

After solving it and rechecking the rest of the homework, Sean had to leave for his first class that starts at 8:30. "You better eat that tuna pizza. It is bad manners not to eat something given to you. I think."

"That's if it isn't poisoned." He laughed. If I didn't have a boyfriend right now, I'm pretty sure I would be getting the happy jitters at his gorgeous smile. His hair looked really soft, bushy and wavy. Let us also take a moment to appreciate how his nose is longer than a usual Filipino's.

"So I'll see you in Solid Mensuration." He flashed a small smile. I just nodded. Then he left and his buddies followed him and they started hitting him with their elbows and laughed. I didn't even notice they were his buddies because they were the simple type of guys. Guys these days like to dress themselves up with floral designs and skinny jeans. Oh well.

A few minutes later, Rose came up. "Guess what?" She said that in her happy squeaky tone.

"Another cutie?"