Chapter One - Introducing: Meow Chat

Hey, I'm Marc Espejo. I'm in tenth grade, 5'11, a basketball player, gym addict and a nerd. These are things that probably would never combine, I know, but I am a specie of it so you'd have to work with it.

My life isn't quite interesting actually. I go straight back home after school, and do some homework or if I don't have anything to do for school, then probably go to the gym to workout.

I'm not that type of athlete who lives the Jock Life in which I mean, being mighty when I walk around school with my teammates, or bullying geeks, or partying every Friday and Saturday night, or dating a bunch of cheerleaders or spoiled brats with heavy make up.

Well, I did date girls but not as much as jocks do. They probably dated more girls than the years they have existed. I dated only three and the third one was one I never expected it to be. The girl, Lily Bays, broke up with me cause she wanted to date the football player, Klarke Parker.

Lily wasn't actually like that, she was the shy type of girl who loved to decorate almost everything. That's why I dated her, because she was sweet. Now? Please, she's not close to being sweet, she's bitter, no wait, she doesn't even deserve to have a type of taste.

What changed her? Facebook, Instagram, Twitter. The so-called essential needs to survive our generation. I admit I do have those, except twitter, but I never indulged myself to them. I feel like a stalker just by logging in to Facebook. Instagram? You have to "follow" someone to see what they post. The heck. They start calling you a "follower" too. And Twitter? All you do is update your "followers" with whatever you think or whatever you just did like taking shit.

I may enjoy opening some of these apps once in awhile and sure I may chat and like some photos and update my status and sure I enjoy seeing what my friends post but I am not a zombie for it like how Lily is now. She literally stays up all night going through her Facebook Newsfeed to check on who's dating who or whatever rantings were posted by some chick about another chick.

Buzz.

Another notification again. I forgot to put off my 3G.

I took my phone out and checked what notification I got and what app it was from.

Snap from Cristel

Oh, Snapchat and from Cristel. Yes, I have Snapchat too. I use this a lot, cause the photos wouldn't automatically save to your gallery. Whoever made this is awesome.

Cristel is my cousin from Texas. She's about my age and she's been living the country life by heart. and she literally floods my notifications with her Snaps.

"Yo Bro!" Peter says as he walks toward me. Peter Alnemri, we've been friends since 7th grade. He's a big brunette with slightly tanned skin. By big, I mean chubby. He's shorter than me by just a couple of inches. He constantly comes over my place to watch some basketball games and eat pizza.

"I thought you were in the lobby," Adam walks in from behind Peter. Adam Velez, blonde, taller than me by four inches, and a baseball player. We go to the same church and we like the same stuff so that's how we became friends back in 8th grade.

"Sorry, I woke up a little later than usual so I wasn't able to hit you guys up." I was now wearing a vest for a change. I still had my big nerdy glasses on though but I had a beanie on to make me look less of a nerd.

"It's cool." Peter said, he was scouting through my locker, as if he could find some hidden food somewhere in there.

Riiiiiiiiiinnnng. There goes the school bell.

"Hey, I better go. Mr. Faucet's gonna burst if he sees anyone come in late." I told the guys and left.

I made my way to my English class brisk walking.