Chapter Seventeen - Welcome to Chicago

*Michelle Athena Santillan*

In front of me was something that made me choke on my own breath. It froze me and got me speechless.

Michelle Athena is Perfect

Rosalie and Travis then said together...

"Michelle, welcome to Chicago."

Marc Javier Espejo.

Marc Javier Espejo is right in front of me.

He was holding a bouquet of flowers in one hand while he held up a sign that said Michelle Athena is Perfect . It's exactly like he said.

*Marc Javier Espejo*

She is right in front of me. She is no longer miles away but just a few meters away. I could finally see her whole body without having to ask her to back up so that she would fit the screen. She is just there. A few steps is all it took to have her inches away from me.

I felt the heat all over my body intensify. My hands started shaking and my legs felt wobbly.

I just have to let go of everything I'm holding and run to her.

Michelle Athena Santillan.

Michelle Athena Santillan, my evil beautiful goddess, is in front of me.

*Michelle Athena Santillan*

I didn't have much time to look at what he was wearing or who he was with because the moment I looked at him, he shoved the bouquet and sign to the person beside him and started running towards me. I did the same. Adrenaline must have worked both of us up.

And just like that, I was in his arms. I was finally in his arms.

When I got to him, he lifted me up and he twirled me around. I wrapped my arms around his neck and buried my face there. My other hand reached for the back of his head to touch his hair. His hair was soft and smooth.

I felt his strong arms wrap my waist in a tight grip like he was holding on to something people wanted to take away from him.

He smells way better than just the scent of his body spray. The combination of the scent of his body spray, his hair, his skin, his clothes and even his sweat made a new one. This was Marc's scent. I was smelling Marc in person.

Marc is in the same place I am in.

Marc is with me right now.

Marc is touching me for the first time.

Marc is holding me in his embrace.

This is so surreal.

It never felt better to actually be breathing the same air, to actually stand on the same ground, to actually be have our skins touch, and to actually have him hold me.

*Marc Javier Espejo*

I shoved the bouquet and sign to Adam, hitting them on his chest, and I ran.

Michelle ran to me too. Her wavy curls bounced as she did.

And just like that, she was in my arms. She was finally in my arms.