Chapter Twenty-Four - Rafael Valdez

Fourth Week of Second Semester
(December 4, 9:00 AM - Philippines | December 3, 8:00 PM - Chicago)

"I never thought you guys got to a serious point but, what? Are you serious? Are you sure with that? Are you fine with it?" I asked for assurance.

"Yes. We decided to stay as friends, that I'm sure. But if I'm fine with it? I don't know," Rosalie replied. She just told me that she and Adam decided that they should stay as friends because for one thing, Rosalie doesn't believe she can handle an LDR, and another is that if they did go on with an LDR, "we wouldn't have that much time to meet each other like you and Marc". I feel so bad right now.

I want to tell her that she could actually make it through an LDR knowing her strength and abilities but also knowing her, she's quite stubborn when it comes to her final decisions.

"Is that final?" I asked.

"Yes," then she got teary-eyed. I opened my arms out for her to let her in, and she dove right in and hugged me real tight and started to sob. "I should have backed off. I knew from the start that I shouldn't but I did."

"You know, you can take back what you said. I know you can handle being with him," I said as I rubbed her back.

"No." Well, I tried. "I can't just travel back and forth Chicago and Philippines. He couldn't do that either."

"Marc and I can't do the same thing. We haven't even got plans when we'll see each other again, but I'm still with him," I told her. She got silent.

"You'll meet each other soon, I'm sure," she mumbled in the midst of crying.

Good grace, I hate seeing her like this. "Is Adam okay with it?"

"He didn't like the idea, but he still accepted it. But he said not to talk to him about it. He hates me."

"Rose, are you really sure with your decision?"

She sobbed again, "Yes."

Duke of Chicago: He doesn't even want to talk about it. He even said he doesn't want to talk to her nor "ever see her face again"

Me: Shoot.

Duke of Chicago: Do you think it's better if we really just drop the subject?

Me: I guess so. :/ They'll figure it out soon. We tried, maybe they'll take in our suggestions later on but they're too fragile right now. IT's best if we let it be. AND IF HE EVER ASKS YOU OUT TO DRINK, YOU CAN GO AND DRINK BUT NOT TOO MUCH. JUST DON'T GET DRUNK.

Duke of Chicago: I won't. I won't even get one drop of alcohol in my body. I promise. I love you.

Fifth Week of Second Semester
(December 11, 8:30 AM - Philippines | December 10, 7:30 PM - Chicago)

"Must you always sit alone in the mornings?" Sean stood in front me with the usual tuna pizza in his hand.

I just smiled at him. "I guess I just don't like being around loud people during the mornings."

He took the seat across me. "Do you mind?"

He pretended like he hasn't been sitting with me every morning in the study lounge for the past three weeks. Mr. Lim has been giving us home works every after meeting. Sometimes he doesn't, so we don't have a reason to sit together in the morning, but it has become a habit already.

I shook my head. "Not at all. But do your friends mind?"

He looked back at them. "They won't. They're answering the assignment given to us for today. If I stay there, they will copy my paper without trying to understand it."