Ch. 3-New life

A/N; sorry for the very slow update on this story.

/////////////

The loud sound of the waterfall waking Nikolai from his sleep. The dark cave is his advantage to hide from unwanted people. Given the fact that he can saw in the dark, he wanted to make sure to stay alive and get out of the miserable situation he is in.

His parents? He doesn't know! He has no memory of having one. His memory starts at the age of six when his brother took him to the midnight mountain and leave him there. He tried to recall his way out but he was lost for the Midnight mountain is too huge to wander.

He struggled to survive at the age of six until he meet his wolf, Marquise. Not like the other werewolves, he and his wolf connect their link before the actual shifting. His wolf is an Alpha but Nikolai's body is an omega.

He may be weak because of his petite body but his wolf is the one who provides more essence of strength to survived day by day.

The reverie of the past was cut off when Marquise speak.

"Get up and get ready! It's time to leave the mountain. A group of tourists will be on a cliff before lunch, they will take us with them. " Marquise said in a serious tone but Nikolai felt a sudden uneasy feeling.

"Do you think we can survive the city? I felt scared! " Nikolai replied trying to calm his pounding heart.

"Trust me with this Nik, a couple will adopt you and will change you into a different person. Isn't this that you want? To be worthy for our mate? To get out of this place? Don't be afraid Nik, I'm with you! " Marquise whimpered cutely to comfort him and ease the doubt that stirring on Nikolai's head

Heaving a deep sigh, Nikolai stand up and fix himself. Having no toothbrush of his own, nor other necessities as a human. He will just jump on the cold water to clean himself every day and find a fruit that he can eat to survive.

After the everyday routine, he wanders his eyes inside the cave. The place will be in his memory as long as he lives, this is his haven, his throne, and paradise.

"Goodbye for now! I will come back for sure! " Nikolai utter a word as if he is saying his farewell to a friend.

Walking along the forest he glided through the trees cautiously aware that he is an intruder and can be considered as a rogue based on his looks right now, though he didn't stink.

The sky is clear and blue and the weather is good too but Nikolai's heart is throbbing for a mix of emotions. The 'ifs' and 'buts' still occur on his senses while his moving his step through the cliff.

He heaves a sigh when he saw the spot from a distance but got cornered by the two rogues. His eyes went wide he knows he is in danger right now. Grinning evilly at him Nikolai feels their hunger and he will become a meal if he can't defeat them.

Marquise is growling inside him but his pounding heart is too loud to handle. He feels like his feet were nailed on the ground that he can't move. The rogue walks towards him slowly while he is trembling in fear. Though his wolf Marquise is an alpha wolf, he didn't know how to blend his body on his wolf.

As the two rogues getting closer he decided that he will fight to the death. As his hand was suddenly caught up and he was thrown aside with great impact. All he can do is whimper in pain as another handhold his head and was thrown again.

His petite body is no match with all the muscles and matured rogues. Salivating while looking at him the rogues look like a mad dogs ready to eat their meals. One rogue moves closer again but this time Marquise took over, he catches the hand of the rogue and snaps it without a warning. The two beasts who are in shock staring at the alpha wolf in front of them cannot believe what they witness.