Ch.21- the last mission

****

Nikolai woke up, daylight streaming across him. The unfamiliar room with a familiar scent lingers around the man that lying beside him-his mate. His head is aching trying to recall the event last night, his wolf is quiet.

He get up slowly, careful not to wake his mate but his wrist was grip a strong hand and prevent him to get off the bed.

"You're awake? You should sleep more. " Elijah's voice is full of gentleness and worry.

Nikolai took a deep breath and lie down again. Hugging his mate, filling his lungs with his scent.

"We should get up now, I heard everyone's footsteps. And I want to ask what happened last night! " Nikolai speak in a low voice. The air he exhales fan the chest of Elijah who is hugging him tightly.

"But I saw you massaging your temple earlier, are you really fine to go down now? " Elijah answered as he kiss Nikolai's forehead.

A hum was heard from his mate but they didn't move, they still hugging each other, feeling their warmth.

The sudden knock on their door made them look at each other and smiled widely.

"We should go down now! " Nikolai said in a whisper and get off from bed to take a shower.

Elijah watch his mate's back as Nikolai entered the bathroom door, his mate has no sign of recollection of last night. His wolf takes over his whole being, not just his body but all of him.

"Son, your uncles and the guardians are here now, we need to settle things. " Elijah took a deep breath as he heard his father's voice on their mind link.

Elijah stare at the bathroom again, his mind drifted on the thoughts on how a wolf got full control of a human form.

*********

Everyone looks at them as they walk down the stairs hand in hand, their eyes glancing at each other signaling a word that only their eyes can see. And only their hearts can understand.

"Good morning sons! " Tharn greeted them, Type is silent on his side, the guardians are waiting for another word. Thanya is on the window her arms crossed on her chest.

Tharn glance on Kao whose eyes are fixated on Nikolai, lips hanging.

"How can this be possible? " Kao exclaimed looking at Type then to Nikolai.

Nikolai glance at him with confused eyes, everyone heaved a sigh.

"How are you? " Type speak looking at Nikolai, an intense silence followed but Nikolai smiled at Type as if everything's fine.

"I'm fine Luna, I'm sorry I don't have a recollection of what happened last night. Elijah told me about what happened but I honestly don't recall any of it. Even the face of the man I encounter last night is unclear. " Nikolai explained, glancing at his mate.

"Can you let your wolf take over again? " Type said in a primal voice.

"He is quiet since I woke up, I tried to connect on his link but I can't. " Nikolai answered.

Type glance at Areyah and Lucas, Pharm and Dean is standing nearby waiting for a signal on what to do.

Elijah who notice the exchanging glances started to get confused about what is going on. His family never had a conversation like this before using this kind of tone, they are talking to Nikolai with caution.

"What is going on? " He can't help but ask, taking the hand of his mate as if protecting him from anyone.

Type glance at his son, Tharn took a deep breath looking at Areyah.