Ch. 24-Truth Part 1

A/N; sorry to keep you guys waiting, here's a truce. 😊

/////////

The news about Thanya Kirigun being attacked by an unknown enemy reach the other wolf packs. Some are worried about the incident but some just shrug it off. The unity on the night of the red moon before has caused some conflict between the Midnight pack and the others. Some wanted to take over the land of abandoned packs like the Shadow Pack but Tharn and Type decided to give it to other warriors who lost their kin because of the wolfhound hunters.

The conflict grew when one of the alphas suggest that they should marry off their omegas to the alpha and beta of the midnight pack as a form of continuous alliance between them even though everyone has a fated mate.

Tharn and Type cut off the deal immediately for they don't want it to be the roots of another war in the future.

Upon hearing the report from Tul that Thanya has been attacked Tharn and Type immediately leave the pack. Elijah who has been with his mate always didn't know what to do. His twin sister is the target but he wasn't there to protect her.

Alone on the balcony and in deep thoughts, he didn't realize that his mate has been watching him but Nikolai decided to leave him alone and go to the training ground to distract himself from negative thoughts that slowly creeping into his mind.

Holding a bow and arrow he hits the target with full force, warriors who have been watching him silently can feel the dark auras that he is emitting while releasing the arrows to hit the bullseye.

He is finished on his archery training and about to grab a sword to train when Elijah grab his wrist and pulls him back to the packhouse. Though he is confused about his mate's action he didn't say a word and just follows Elijah's steps.

"Didn't I tell you to rest today? " Elijah said when they reach their room. His mate is calm but frustrated inside.

"I'm fine, I told you not to worry too much about my training. I need to train hard so that we can go back to the city. " Nikolai answered but he knows, his word does not affect his worried mate.

"I know that you wanted to be strong and prove yourself but please don't add on our frustration now!" Elijah carelessly spits out his word and his eyes went wide when he realizes that it's too late to take back what he said.

Nikolai looked at him with sad eyes, a small smile form on his mate's lips.

"Darling, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to say that, what I want to say is I don't want you to faint again and..." Elijah lowers his head as Nikolai turns his back on him and leaves the room.

His worries are overwhelming that he loses his temper to everyone around him. His mate has been training so hard to improve himself but Nikolai trained until he faint and Elijah doesn't want that.

He slumps his body to the floor and brushes his hair with his fingers, the word he said hurt his mate and he doesn't know what to do anymore.

He stands up and left the room to find Nikolai, looking around, he found his mate sitting alone under the big yew tree near the open playground of children of the pack. His back leaning on the wide trunk, staring at the blue sky with his folded knee.

He slowly walks towards his mate and sits beside him quietly. Nikolai didn't spare him a glance but fix his eyes on the sky. Silence is between them, no one wants to speak first they let their heartbeats do the rhythm of their minds.

Elijah took a deep breath and held his mate's hand, Nikolai didn't take it back as Elijah expect him to do. Heaving a sigh, he glances at his mate.