Ch. 26- Questions

A/N: First, I want to say sorry for the very slow update. Second, we are near the end of the story.

********

The family travel back to Midnight pack along with Win and Team, the peaceful evening and the clear sky made them feel at ease. Tharn keeps glancing at his husband who has been quiet since they left the hospital, he can't tell what's on his husband's mind right now.

The couple behind them is sleeping in each other's arms while Thanya is on their side who is looking outside the window.

The big and tall trees covered the whole mountain area along with the darkness that became the hidden place for whatever is there. The moon's absence tonight made the mountain more dangerous but not with creatures inside that area.

Tharn heard Type took a deep breath with a serious face, he reach his husband's hand and squeezes it a little that made Type turn his face towards Tharn and smile.

"What's on your mind sweetheart? "  Tharn ask.

He wanted to stare at his husband's eyes for a long time but he is driving, which prevents him to do some flirting with him now.

"Well, I can't completely understand the situation love. I felt like we left a spot from the red moon, like an unfinished battle. " Type answered while staring on out the window.

They killed Coinin but they didn't get to understand how Coinin gets to hold a woman who look like his mother. They skip that part, that's why they found it hard to solve a big piece of the puzzle in their hands.

"Let's do the first thing first, Nikolai's wolf agreed so that's a heads up for us. Whatever we might discover after that, we should go on to find out our real enemy. " Tharn sternly said as he glances at his husband.

"The more I think about it, the more I understood that we really failed the mission on the night of the red moon. " Type replied with a weak smile.

"But the guardians assure us that we succeed, which part do you think we lose it?" Tharn started to get worried.

They killed Coinin but they never saw any special events that night except the red moon and the hybrid wolves that they faced that night, other than that nothing else.

"We failed to eliminate the roots! " Type simply answered. "We failed to eliminate the man named Art! " Type said while glancing at the mirror outside.

Since the time that they face the shadows that lurk around them, Type began to heighten his senses to the possibility of being attacked again.

Art's name is stuck on Tharn's head, the name is very familiar but he has no idea if it's the same person.

They travel silently and at ease when Tharn and Type smell the pack members that following them until they reach the territory.

***********

They arrived with all the wolf warriors waiting on the border, Thanya who get down from the car got grab by strong arms and pulled by a tight hug.

"How are you, princess?" Elijah's voice was heard as he carried his twin sister into his arm.

Tharn and Type watch them with smiles on their lips, worries are evident on Elijah's face that he didn't let go of his twin sister until Thanya growl at him.

"You! Put me down, bro! " Thanya exclaimed as she playfully smack his brother's shoulder.

Elijah put her down but never let go of her hand.