Ch.41- Nikolai's cry

A/N; heavy chapter, mention of blood and killings. Please be warned.

*******

The stomping of a large claw, penetrating the soft ground, the salivating and growling sound of two ferocious beasts. The howling echoed through the sky where the moon set up brightly to illuminate the dark forest.

The rustling leaves and sound of broken twigs, the sharp claws that paddling the sand. Eyes are red, fangs are shown. The intent to kill is higher than to submit even to their creator.

Type sitting comfortably on the single sofa in the living room, reading a book of spells that Areyah lend him. Tharn is in their room taking a shower.

He is about to turn the page when his ear catches something.

Something heavy, eerie, and broken.

His instinct tells him that it is something dangerous, crazy, and bloodlust.

He stands up and looks out the window, the dark forest in a distance seems romantically quiet with the moonlight radiating above it. He steps closer to the window and focuses on what he is hearing, it is a stomp of huge feet that made the ground shake.

"Danger, we have to warn everyone. "

Marquise's voice was heard inside his head, he turn around to look at the room of Elijah but Nikolai is already standing behind him. Their eyes meet and the shifting of colors indicates that they are hearing something that the others failed to hear.

Type and Nikolai get out of the house. Type as a Luna of the pack and can able to mind link every member use the chance to warn the sentinels, warriors, and scouts that guarding the premises for an intruder.

Nikolai's mind link his mate and the sound of running feet was heard inside the house. Even the newfound wolves were out of their houses too but confused about what is happening for the surrounding is quiet and peaceful.

"What is this all about, Type? " Sarawat asked and look around. They were the only people outside for every elder, children and omegas were brought to the silver lining pack already.

Type sign his brother to keep quiet, the stomping sound of a large beast became nearer and nearer. The wind blows gently but Nikolai keeps scanning the dark forest using his skill to be able to see in the dark.

"What is this? This can't be..." Type look at Tharn with wide eyes.

"Sweetheart? " Tharn asked him still confused for they still didn't get a sight of any intruder.

"This smell...it's a scent of Rolig " Type sniff the air looks look at Tharn again. "... Tul's wolf! " he said that made everyone put on the edge of being more alert.

"You mean they escaped? " Elijah asked his father who became agitated the moment his mate called him to get ready.

Before Type could answer the two howling beasts appeared in front of them. Salivating and with piercing red eyes that scream death for everyone.

Their eyes went wide as they look at the two ferocious, the grey and brown wolf are snarling and growling furiously.

"Rolig! " Tharn yelled but the beast is just staring at Type.

"Luna..." Areyah appeared behind them together with Lucas and Pharm who just come from patrolling the area. "...I suspect that their memories were erased and the Ultima used a spell to plant a voice inside their brain to kill. We don't know what kind of horrifying process they faced to obtain this kind but I'm afraid the human memory of Tul is no longer there. " Areyah explains that made Type clench his fist.