One

The supernatural world was an endless pit. It always had been. In that pit lay a darkness so menacing even the monsters inside did not know how deep it ran. It seemed like everyday new creatures were emerging and coming into the light, some being left behind as myths and legends others more succesful in their escapes to be seen. 

Though there were a few, like the vampires, witches and werewolves that stood in the light. Most knew of their existence and ways to kill them but my kind, we were a limited breed. By far the most deadly, cunning and hard to kill.

Yet, at the same time. Barely any knew of our true exitance. We had been whispered amongst the shadows, some listened and some did not. Some believed apposed to others. Had we wanted to, the world would know of our power and one day it shall. By that time, when everyone knows our names and our darkness has spread, the end of the world will occur and we will be the cause of it all.

For now whilst we live our lives amongst the lesser each of my kind finds a way to entertain themselves. I myself chose a life of constant threat, endless excitement. Here in Mystic falls where the blood never ceased to flow and lives always seemed to end. I would have never found this town had it not been for my old friend, whom i had met in a war.

Neither of us believed in the war efforts or what they stood for but we both had our reasons for being there. He stayed in fear of his fathers disapproval and I revelled in the blood shed. The battle fields were my home for the longest time, even with the effort it took to hide myself away. Being a woman in such a pit of death was unladylike, even if i knew i could end anyone who told me so.

When that war ended and Damon was sent home he had asked me to join him, return back to his quiet little town meet his quiet little family and maybe stay for a quiet little trip. I had accepted only because he had been the only one in that silly little battle field who had shared my beliefs.

I planned to stay for no longer than a month fearing the dullness of it all until i was surprised. Angry revelations and blood suckers, a betrayal and heart ache ending with my newest friend turning to a life of darkness along side his brother. 

How could i have left him there? With no knowledge of what he had become aside from the small snippets his prior lover had told him. I was the holy grail of knowledge when it came to the supernatural, i had lived life over and over and i knew how to help him.

And so i made Damon Salvatore turn from that loving doting family man into the monster that could kill and maim with out any guilt upon him. I wasn't blind, i knew that in this world those of us who wish to survive had to become these creatures. It is why when the light finally fades those who had spent there time in it will come running to monsters like us.

Damon and i had kept in contact since his turning, spending decades together on and off. When he would hunt for his beloved and i would hunt for my own treasures we would part but when one needed the other, we always found our way back.

To that loyalty we had made, the friendship we had grew. The pact in blood we had spilt upon a long forgotten battle field. In his creation i found what i had been missing, someone strong and powerful who was willing to do what it took to give themselves strength, what i had lacked in the years i had not spent with my own kind.

To Damon I had been a teacher and a guidance that he had needed to learn of what he could truly become, i filled the void of a sibling that he had lacked when his brother separated from him and he in turn offered me the same.

Eris Ashire and Damon Salvatore, two unlikely friends.

Damon was perhaps the only vampire whom knew of my origin, knew what species i came from and what my purpose was in this world. He was the only one who could call upon me and actually be answered. 

And so when he called a few days ago after nearly a decade apart i had answered the phone, a smile lingering on my face as the old repeated words left my lips.

"What is it you need my friend?" The crackle of my fire accompanied his tired sigh that night and i knew he was relieved that i had answered.

"I need you to come home Eris." He had said and the worry in his voice had shaken my good mood.

"Has something happened?

"To much, to much has happened and no one else is willing to do what needs to be done." I had turned from my fire then, taking focus upon the call.

"What are we against here Damon?" He took a moment.

"Vampires, older then any i have met, closer to your age. Doppelgangers and freaky witch rituals. I met a girl and i can't let her die Eris." When i had heard a smirk had dropped onto my face. Ah yes, a girl. What most wars had began over.

The most brutal ones in fact.

"And your girl, is she the reason im to be involved?" My taunt had been playful.

"She's actually Stefan's girl but yes. You know i wouldn't call unless i knew i needed you." I had hummed.

"I so do love it when history repeats itself. I'll come home Damon, for you if anything. We will keep her alive by any cost." I had assured knowing he needed to hear it. 

"This isn't like the other times, this person we have to kill, he's the first of his kind can't be killed with a stake." I had then been intrigued. Like a lioness with a tempting meal.

"Who is it?" A beat, as if he debated in getting me involved as if this person was truly a threat.

"An original, goes by the name Klaus." Ah yes, the original family. Hard to kill and harder to keep dead. If they stood a chance against him, i would have to make my return home, keep Damon alive if only him.

"A set back, never faced and original before but the first kill of ones kind is all the more invigorating." I had mused before ending the call, sweeping from the room of my apartment, the wisp of my night gown sending embers from the fire onto the floor. The carpet, had caught a light as i changed swiftly, leaving behind everything for the destruction, to never allow anyone to know i had been there.

To leave behind nothing but my chaos.