Nineteen

"Is this a trick?" Were the first words to be spoken.

Klaus stood by the balcony, glass of bourbon filled to the brim, ice clashing as he twirled it in his grasp and looked out over the night. The sun began to rise now it was early morning, still far to early for the nights creature to tuck themselves away. 

"No." He muttered. I tucked my hands into my lap, confused, conflicted.

"Then why? After all of this-" 

"I thought that your hatred for me was a temporary thing, perhaps i wasn't strong enough and you didn't feel safe or that you didn't believe i was fit to be a wolf. I thought i could change and become someone you could be happy with. Now i see that you hate me for different reasons, ones i cant change or take back." And yet he promised that he would try.

"It's a mark of sorts." I chose to say tapping my leg.

"The next step i mean." I mumbled.

"A mark?" He asked looking back to me in the room. I stood slowly nodding as he met me half way. I had never done this and i was incredibly nervous.

"To symbolise acceptance, that each of us will protect the other. By biting you i promise to let that be the last mark i allow on your body. That i will try my best to keep you away from harm." I recall Kyrin telling me the stories when i was little, oh how i had longed for it.

"And i, you?" Klaus asked as i nodded. 

"You should know i have more siblings then just Rebekah and Elijah, some who even loathe me more." I found that hard to believe when Elijah had already tried to kill him.

"My family is fated to end the world, I'd say surely your chaos can be managed." I laughed despite the nerves.

"Will i ever get to hear the story of that?" Klaus asked as i offered a small smile.

"A tragic tale but perhaps, will i ever know how the originals came to be?" He nodded.

"You can have everything, all you need to do is ask." And he'd offer me the world on a silver platter all the while knowing I'd destroy it. 

My hand slowly rose to the fabric of his Henley's collar, my eyes watching his to see how he'd react to it.

"Ever had anyone bite you back?" I mused to lighten the mood as he chuckled.

Klaus went to answer but i didn't really want to hear and so my canines took place in his jugular. His hand rose to my hair as the teeth pierced, a groan tearing through his throat as the blood pooled. He pressed closer as my body tingled at the contact, i only assumed the same had began to happen to him and that he wanted more of it.

A moment later i detached from him, blood spilling down my lip as he used his thumb to wipe it away.

"Try not to enjoy this to much." I smirked.

"No promises love." The grip in my hair tightened as he lent into the crook of my neck, teeth piercing slower then mine had. My hands rose to his chest at the sensation. Never had any creature had their teeth in me, never had i allowed it.

I wondered if it had always been a pleasurable experience or if it only seemed that way because of who was biting me. A whine tore from my lips as he bit down fully, a trickle a blood spilling down my neck. I felt his teeth retreat as well as his tongue slowly cleaning the mess he had made.

His eyes shone amber as he moved back and in their reflection i could see my own shining blue. Like a fire crackling to life or a key fitting a lock the bond snapped into place. Slowly the wound on his neck began to heal until only a scar was left, one that would never fade.

My fingers rose to touch my own, knowing the same thing had happened.

A rush hit me, happiness, excitement, pride and overbearing want. It took a moment but i soon came to the reality that these weren't my emotions. Though we shared one feeling, completion. A thousand years in the making and possibly a thousand more to get used to it.

And then the serenity was shattered.

Klaus's phone rang in his pocket but he made no move to answer it.

"You should get that." He sighed looking down to it, Stefan flashed on the screen before he answered.

"Portland is fantastic once you get over the music and healthy looking people, its basically a breeding ground for werewolves." He stated calmly even if his eyes never left my neck.

"Your fathers dead.

As i said, serenity shattered.

"What did you just say to me?" Disbelief, fear, hatred and anxiety. All that goodness changed by three simple words.

"Ah my bad, not your real father and not dead. Mikael daggered. What do i do with the body?" Stefan drawled lazily over the phone.

"Well first i want you to explain to me exactly what happened." And so Stefan did leaving out no detail.

"I want to see him, i want to see his rotting body for myself." Now all i felt was anger, pure untainted. I couldn't seem to fear it.

"Well he's here, come by whenever." Perhaps to nonchalant.

"If your lying your compulsion will expose you, so answer with your life. Is what you are saying true?" A beat later.

"Its true, i saw it with my own eyes." I didn't know what to believe but i knew i wouldn't leave it to chance.

"I want to talk to Rebekah." Klaus demanded as i walked to the hallway, gesturing to one of the hybrids. They came without complaint.

"Go to the lobby and tell my brother Kyrin, i need my blades." The woman nodded speeding down the stairs, i only hoped he hadn't left just yet. When i turned back to Klaus he looked less worried.

"I'll be home soon." His eyes fell to mine as he ended the call.

"Do you believe it?" I asked softly.

"For the moment, though i doubt that dagger will remain where it is." I hummed in agreement as the hybrid sped back into the hallway. In their hands lay something wrapped in cloth.

I took it from her, slowly unveiling the metal blades. Some what shocked Kyrin had allowed me to have them back. 

"He said to tell you something." The hybrid spoke as i nodded for her to continue.

"He said he knew you would make the right choice." A small smile appeared on my face as i tucked the blades into my waist band. Ready to return home and for once ready to face the future.