Two

Even the air seemed unsettled as i prowled through memorised streets, eyes lingering on places where i could remember fond memories. I knew no one here could recall my face just as i could not recall theirs. All the while as i walked a certain lingering sense of excitement swelled in me, whether it was the possibility of a fight worthy of my talents or the prospect of blood shed, i didn't know.

My blood thrummed in my veins as i spotted the boarding house, familiar scents and the ever beating sense of home filled me the closer i got. I had never experienced such an erratic feeling but i didn't bother to hesitate upon entering. The door revealed my entry to those inside, faces familiar and ones i had never seen. 

All equally surprised as if i myself were intruding. 

"Everyone, this is my secret weapon, secret weapon this is everyone." Damon was the first to speak as everyone stared wildly at me.

I waved a nonchalant hand entering my old home as a feeling of utter disappointment flitted through my body. As if my eyes were scanning the room for something i had hoped would be there only to find it missing.

"Which one?" I asked him cautiously as he poured me a drink. Slowly he pointed to a woman who i had assumed to be Katherine. On second glance i saw the differences, from hair to her shy demeanour. Then there was the fact her body screamed: Human! Fragile! Vulnerable!

"Do i get a name?" I turned to her extending a hand.

"Elena Gilbert." She managed to answer as if my presence alone was alarming. Like a cat to a mouse i prowled forward as she excepted my grip. 

"Big bad wolf wants you dead huh? Don't fear him when im around." I mused as Damon slinked a drink into my grasp pulling me from the girl. I twirled the golden liquid in the glass eyeing her with vicious fascination as a face i knew came closer.

"That's enough Eris she has enough to worry about." Stefan warned earning an amused glance from myself.

"If im to risk my neck in hopes of saving hers I'd like to allow myself a few moments of fun." The woman looked ashamed at my words making me all the more curious.

"I'd like to thank you for the risk your taking." My smile turned feral.

"Sweet little Elena, what a precious gem I've come to protect. Tell me Damon, what's our plan?" He looked to a beauty at the other side of the room, her smile weary and strained.

"Bonnie?" Damon gestured for her to explain.

"Me, we go to the dance, we find him and i'll kill him." I rose an eyebrow at her.

"It's not going to be that easy, i mean he is the biggest baddest vampire around." Another no name answered. 

"Ric's got a point, i mean what if he-" Damon sped towards the girl, who outed herself as a witch the moment she threw him to the wall. 

"Well i was impressed." Stefan mused. 

"It doesn't matter how strong he is Elena, i know i can take him." Bonnie assured, i chose to let them have their moment, taking the drink in my grasp and emptying it with one gulp. Damon stood with a huff, pushing his way to me as we entered our own conversation.

"She's all juiced up, what odds are we looking at here?" He asked me quietly. I let out a soft sigh.

"1000 year old with an insatiable urge to free a side of him locked away for a millennia vs one witch, two vampires and me. I'd say miracles are real but I'd be lying." I whispered back to him, not willing to belittle the moral in the room.

"And if he makes you angry?" Damon pushed.

"I'll solo his immortal ass and throw him to the Atlantic." An evil glint sparkled in Damons eyes.

"That doesn't mean you berate him until he kills you-" 

"If push comes to shove." He shrugged.

"Hey Ric, might want to put Eris down as a chaperone as well." Damon tossed him a thumbs up as i rolled my eyes.

"Speaking of, what exactly are you?" Ric asked making me look to him. Probably one of the eldest living people here. 

"Immortal." I deadpanned as he narrowed his eyes. I reciprocated the action baring my teeth for good measure.

"You have no hope Ric, took her 50 years to tell me." Damon smirked.

"I just thought it would be nice to know who exactly we have on our team." He continued anyway.

"I wouldn't want to scare you with the information." I dismissed as he nodded giving up seeing it wasn't going any where any soon.

"Point is, she's dangerous and that's exactly what we need right now." Stefan agreed, he himself didn't know of my origin. I simply couldn't trust him, who's to say on one of his ripper binges when all of his morality slipped out of the window he wouldn't tell his deepest darkest secrets?

Or even use mine against me.

It was safer to keep the people i held close limited, only five existed in this world at this time, one being in the same room as me.

"How dangerous are we talking?" The witch asked.

"Better to leave that unanswered." Damon answered shortly pulling me up the stairs with him.

"I think i have something you can wear, some of your old clothes from the sixties." Oh how i hated that time of my life.

"You kept that shit?" I asked in disbelief.

"I thought you looked sexy back then." He teased.

"How peculiar, i thought the same." He huffed opening the door to his room for me, i walked in before him.

"If things go wrong tonight we should stay with the witch." I informed him slinking into his wardrobe.

"This the part where you tell me of your amazing plan?" Damon asked leaning against the wall as i riffled through.

"Im the master of war of course it is. Elena should be safe tonight, full moon isn't for a while. Our efforts against this guy are already limited, if he shows he will go for the people protecting her. You and Stefan stand a chance already if your smart about it but the witch will need help. So we watch her." I drawled frowning as i pulled an old dress out, knowing it would have to do.

"And if he decides to snatch Elena in preparation?" A fault in a perfect plan.

"We use the witch to track her, find his location and ruin what he has prepared." I smirked dusting off the clothes.

"You come up with this all on your own? Im impressed." Damon taunted.

"Battle strategies are my bread and butter baby."