Twenty-Nine

"I need you Eris." Damon begged over the phone.

"What are you up to Salvatore." I grumbled pulling my jeans on with much difficulty, considering i only had one hand to do so.

"I'm busy with Stefan and Ric's with that psycho killer Doctor at the Grill, can't you just check on him before she kills him? Isn't that your new found purpose? Aid any and all?" I scoffed at him.

"Ric's a grown man." My justification didn't get far. 

"A grown man with heart eyes for a murderer, it will take two minutes, you walk in make sure she's not up to anything and leave. He will even buy you a drink." I sighed in annoyance as i snatched my coat from my dresser.

"You annoy me so Salvatore, behave yourself and we will speak later." He rushed his next words.

"Is that a yes?

"Goodbye Damon." I tossed my phone into my pocket, stalking silently as not to wake the sleeping wolves. Once in my car i allowed myself a chance to wake up fully, pulling out of the driveway and heading towards the familiar grill. 

The place was packed as i shuffled in, my eyes scanning the crowd. Ric caught my attention lowering his phone from his ear. I made my way to him but he hadn't been the only one to spot me. I glanced over my shoulder and found a sight i hadn't expected to see today.

Klaus and Kol at the bar. It was an effort not to hear what they spoke of.

"I remember her from last night, tasty little thing." Kol taunted as the ever snippy reply came. 

"Say another word and i'll tear out your liver." I set my full attention onto Alaric.

"Damon says your risking your neck with a suspected murdered." I tossed the woman a friendly smile.

"Damon says a lot of things, don't worry about me. Can i get you a drink?" Ric offered politely as i shuck my head.

"I tend not to make a habit of third wheeling." I turned back to the woman.

"Don't kill my friend." She nodded without hesitation as i headed for the door, someone close behind on my heels. 

"Eris!" The honk of a car sounded as he interrupted traffic, making me linger before i opened my car door.

"Yes?" I questioned to be polite if anything.

"Come on love, join us for a drink. You and Kol had a little spat, he's over it." Klaus walked closer as i leant against my car. 

"I'm sure he is. I know i invited you to my home but i must ask how you found it." I mused for only a moment.

"Kyrin left me a little note last night, around the same time you snapped my brothers neck." I wasn't intimidated by his closeness any longer. 

"He broke my rules but as you said, he's over it." I tried to enter my car only for him to call out again.

"Come on, sit with me, we can talk out here, we don't have to go inside." He gestured to a bench not to far away.

"I dare you." I decided i would indulge him as we walked to the seating area.

"So what do you wish to talk about?" I asked, he was quick to answer.

"I want to talk about you, your plans for this town, your hopes, your dreams." My laughter spilled without my meaning it to. 

"My plans are my own Nik, can't have you running around endangering them." Klaus laughed as i did.

"That's why i like you, a queen fit for a King." Perhaps that may be so, or maybe the throne was only fit for one crooked Queen.

The joy of the moment was shaken as each of our breaths faltered. A pain ricocheting into my heart. I tried to suck in a breath as i looked to Klaus, who seemed to be in the same state.

"Nik? What's happening?" I managed to ask as my body fought to heal itself.

"Kol." 

We both rushed back to the grill, hearts hammering in pain as we descended the outside steps. Klaus was quick to pull the dagger from his brother's heart as i pushed back the assailant. 

"What are you playing at?" I roared in anger at the faces of both Salvatore brothers and Alaric.

"I should have killed you months ago." Klaus sneered from behind me to Damon.

"Do it, break the rules here and now. It's not going to stop Esther from killing you." Of course i knew deep down that she would be trouble, i had longed to kill her anyway.

"What did you say about my mother?" Klaus asked sizing him up, i stayed between the two.

"What? Didn't know i was friends with your mummy? Yeah we have a lot in common, she hates you as much as i do. Doesn't want you bonded to Eris either, promised to unlink you." My heart hammered for a different reason.

"Your a fool in the witches pocket Damon." I rolled my eyes as he cast me a glance.

"I'll clean your mess again." I turned to pull out my phone, Klaus seizing the opportunity to dash at my friend.

"Leave him!" Elijah called from the stair way as i scrolled to my brothers contact.

Witch made a move.

Kyrin

Already on it

"We still need him Niklaus." I began to make my way up the steps.

"What did mother do? What did she do Elijah?" I had nearly made it to my car when the next words made me stop.

"You tell me where the witch is or i will have my sister kill Elena right now." A breath of riddled agitation tore from me, my eyes alight in the night.

"You told me we had until after nine." Damon grumbled. The tip of my tooth pierced my lip, the scent of my blood filling my nose.

Find Elena, subdue Rebekah.

Ezra

Calm down sister, i'm watching the pair play cat and mouse already.

This was fine, everyone was still under surveillance. The cards had yet to be drawn. Kyrin text me a location swiftly after, i released a breath of relief.

"I know where the witch is, gather your threats will you? Follow me." The two originals grasped their brother from the floor dragging him up the steps as i shuffled into my car. I didn't allow any conversation from the grill to the quarry afraid that the bite in my words may become physical.