Ten

Damon recovered quicker then i did. Stefan had secured a cure from Klaus at the cost of his freedom, relieving his brother of the pain of a werewolf bite. I however, had to begin the ever harrowing process of separation once more. It hit full force when Klaus left Mystic falls.

I was confined to the house, unwilling to allow anyone to see my in such a state. Kyrin had stayed for the first day offering me tips on how to overcome the pain and then he had left, to catch up on whatever he had left behind. It took a week over all. 

A full week of nonstop aching before my body finally allowed me rest. I was fine by the eighth day, allowing my self to leave my confinements. Though, the summer had just begun and i quickly realised my torture had with it.

Damon was constantly searching for his brother, a task i could not help with. Where Stefan went, Klaus did and i was not willing to endure my agony again by merely glancing at him one time. My efforts to save Damon's brother never left Mystic Falls.

I gave my friend my eyes and ears all over the world, any possibility of Stefan being anywhere was reported back to him, in turn completing my role in the rescue mission.

My days became boring as Damon became occupied. I took up an alliance with the Bennett witch. She normally accompanied the blonde vampire who's name i had learnt to be Caroline and everyone's favourite sacrificial lamb, Elena. I needed Bonnie however, so i made do with what came with her.

I realised her magic may be the key to all that was my sorrow.

The spell that created me and my brothers was powerful, a story for another time however. When we had been made immortal and gifted our strengths an insurance had been placed upon our blood that one day after all we endured we would find eternal happiness in the form of a shadowmate.

My father had spelled us, he wanted nothing more then our happiness and so he ensured it. He had taken his time to create an unrepeatable spell. To take four of his werewolf children and make them last forever, we gained abilities as well as the power to control our shifts but the cost had resulted in something far more important.

That had been the day, all those years ago where my mother the first Luna of the Lycanthropes had perished along side her husband, my father. Each offering themselves in return for our benefit. After all we had given to keep them well.

But the spell was nothing but that, a spell. And Bonnie was a witch. I knew she could change the nature of it, sever the tie between myself and Klaus. That made her very essential to me. Her problems became mine as mine became hers and i found myself spending more time with her.

That was how most of the summer went, a day with the witch and a night with Damon. Elena became more prominent in my routines as did Caroline and it made me wonder what i would do to fill the time when they returned to their school.

Birthdays passed, people died and the time ticked on.

"Do you think Stefan will ever come back?" Elena asked tonight, her worries amplifying as Damon's fight to save him became strained.

"Of course he will." Caroline assured her. The four of us sat lazily in my room at the Boarding House, all strewn about letting our worries float off into the air.

"When i saw him it was like he didn't miss me." She rubbed her arms as she coiled in on herself.

"His brooding does not speak volumes Elena. He misses you awfully but can not risk your death over petty wants and needs." I drawled, wafting my hand in the air. I smirked as Caroline placed and unexpected drink in my hands.

"But what is the point if i am to live my life without him?" She pushed.

"To live Elena, the point is that you will live. For that little brother of yours and your friends." Bonnie nodded with my words.

"Stefan made his choice and when his time is over with Klaus he will come home to you." I smiled at her words, agreeing.

"I think it's romantic, to see how long his love will last as he waits for you." Caroline cooed making Elena smile softly.

"Yes it is all so heart warming." I shuddered dramatically.

"Why do you talk like that?" Caroline laughed as an amused smile formed on my face.

"Because im old." I answered simply.

"How old?" Elena pushed.

"Very." I deadpanned.

"Oh come on! You can tell us at least one thing about yourself, we promise not to tell." Bonnie wiggled her eyebrows as i sighed leaning back in my seat.

"I am possibly a few decades older than the originals and my family were the royalty of all wolves, thanks to my mother." I divulged vaguely.

"Is that why you can shift on will?" Caroline asked.

"No." I deadpanned. 

"Just a little more, please." Elena asked re-pouring the drink i had downed. 

"I have the power to raise the dead and use them to fight like puppets." I laughed wildly as the room plummeted into silence.

"You can bring people back to life?" Bonnie asked breathlessly.

"No, that power belongs to my eldest brother. He has the power to strip a body of their soul or return it in some cases." I gestured to Elena lazily.

"But my power concentrates more on building an army then reviving a lost one. The people remain dead and their minds remain blank but their bodies become mine until i decide to cut the string." I mused lightly waving my hand in the air as black smoke poured, after a moment i let it fade away.

"Is their a time limit to it?" Caroline asked.

"No, the bodies can range anywhere from newly dead to skeletons and i can hold them for as long as i like." I stood then, gulping my drink down once more.

"Now good night." The three began to mutter there protests.

"No stay! Tell us more." 

"Please just five more minutes." I laughed gesturing them out of my room, they each complied as i shut the door behind them.