Eight

Stefan awoke to his girlfriends cry's and mournful tears. Once again reaching for the stake in his back. He stopped his movements when he saw Jenna dead, turning his attention to Elena.

"Are you okay?" He whispered out.

"Are you going to kill him?" She asked in angered words. 

"Yes." Stefan spoke lowly. Elena's fire then diminished, the witch began to strengthen mine only for my power to bare down upon her.

"It's time." Klaus walked slowly to Elena, who remained silent as he approached. He offered his hand only for her to walk past him, to the silly little stone where her blood would be spilled. Any minute now, the fire will be vanquished, the witch will die and my brother will arrive. 

Elena stood before the witch as Klaus grasped her chin.

"Thank you Elena." He told her softly. 

"Go to hell." She retorted calmly. His teeth had no problem finding her veins, quite poetically as her life drained so did the final wisps of my fiery prison.  

To caught up in the moment of their glory, Greta failed to see me approach.

"I can feel it, it's happening." She had been spared from the torment of my blades as i grasped her hair and smashed her head against the rock. She died quite quickly compared to what i could have done. Seeing as she was out of the game i turned to Klaus just in time to see his transition take place.

Though i did not expect my bones to break as his did. 

I yelled in agony, despite being used to the pain after having shifted more then a thousand times. It was as if I were experiencing it for the first time. Ignoring the fiery feeling i stood back up, brandishing the daggers of Ashire.

Bonnie came from the woods as i grunted in agony, throwing Klaus into the treeline. I closed my eyes to bite back the pain as Damon came to my side.

"Eris are you okay?" I blinked rapidly nodding despite myself. Knowing only i could wield my blades, knowing they were only metal if held by anyone else. Should the witch fail only i could kill him. 

"I'm fine Damon." A lie, clear to see through my pained huffs. I pushed him away anyway, spotting my brother across the field. His eyes amused and knowing. The feeling of that pushing excitement was the only thing that managed to make me stand as Bonnie chanted furiously. 

She was doing well, so well in fact her power seemed to flourish. She relented for a moment as Klaus's brother stepped up to give the final blow, for a moment i had peace, my bones sated in their place until my heart groaned in agony.

The same time as Elijah plunged his hand into Klaus's chest.

Never had i endured such turmoil, Damon had come to my aid as i fell down. Kyrin was at my other side, his eyes assessing me.

"Any similarities you can see Damon?" He mused making me glare, how he had time for jokes right now was beyond me. I felt as though i was dying.

"Klaus." He whispered in bitten horror.

"No." I grumbled.

"Tell me Eris, have you looked at him since he unlocked his wolf side." His tone was coy and mocking, i managed to groan out a soft shut up. 

"The one thing that can kill us dear sister, congratulations-"

"Don't say it." I muttered, he obliged standing as he took the daggers away from me. I was pained more by that then anything else.

"You won't be needing these." Kyrin laughed joyfully turning to Elijah, who had, had his own conversation whilst we had been enveloped in ours. Just as Kyrin moved to interrupt a murder i had been longing for, words i wasn't surprised to hear flitted through the quarry.

"I'm sorry." My eyes dashed to Elijah at his betrayal, narrowing in anger. All thoughts of how i would make him pay however soon left me as my eyes met amber ones.

Suddenly it was hard to focus.

 It was night, that had not changed but the pain had gone, i stood in unfamiliar streets with soft music berating my ears as i turned to laughter. So familiar, so... Me. My eyes fell upon myself like looking into a mirror and by my side stood the reason for my amusement. What ever words he had said had caused my cheeks to flair in heat, i looked so joyful. 

The streets melted away with black smoke the vision before me changing, a room. A room with sheets strewn about and paintings littering most surfaces. There i lay upon the bed, leg wrapped over the fabrics as i smiled contently, eyes intent on the man who captured my happiness in his painting. 

A flower den with lingering kisses, a bright lit fire, a battle field that had be conquered by two and each shared a similar pattern. Him and I together, happy no matter the place. Over and over for what i believed to be hours on end these visions changed, that sense of excitement finally reaching peak, overwhelming my heart in a crushing matter.

His eyes became engrained into my mind, both wolfen and human, his smile an echoing memory, his laughter a symphony. His name a melody of its own. Repeated over and over and over again.

Klaus, Klaus, Klaus, Klaus. 

The smoke cleared and only a second had passed, he blinked as rapidly as i did and i wondered what he had seen. It only lasted a moment, one second his amber eyes stared back and the next he had been rushed away. I turned to Kyrin, my heart aching with the lingering affects.

"You give me those blades and let me do what i had planned to do." I sneered as he tossed me an incredulous look.

"You tell me Eris, what is the one thing that can kill our kind?" He mused. I began to shuffle to my feet as Damon held me up.

"It lacks relevance at this moment in time." I bit.

"I'll say it then. The one thing that ensures our demise is the death of our familiar, our shadowmate or in simple terms, should you wish to deny it, our soulmate-" I growled lowly at him.

"Don't even mock me with the possibility of it-" He interrupted with a scoff.

"When was the last time you shifted on a full moon without meaning to? I'll answer for you, never. You sympathised with that of your mate, felt his pain on his first transition. Then more so when he faced death." I grumbled my complaints at his words.

"Then we seal him in concrete and throw him in the ocean, Eris lives and all is well." Damon offered as Kyrin scoffed.

"And throw away her shot at happiness? The chance of having children-" I slapped a hand over his mouth. 

"Let me recover Damon and then we will find a coffin big enough to seal him in." Damon smirked as he scooped me up nodding along with me.