Nine

Pain. The fire that burnt in my heart caused me massive amounts of agony, the tugging that i felt inside even worse. Only a few more hours, i prayed as i rolled up on Damon's chest. He himself going through his own turmoil. I could not help him, knowing i had yet to find a cure for a wolf bite, one he had hidden from me. 

I didn't worry to much as Kyrin did not have to restore Elena thanks to a spell her friend had done, so he could use his power upon Damon should he pass. Though i did hate to see him in this pain. We groaned together as he began to sweat profusely, rolling in his sheets.

Only a few more hours, i repeated. I hoped that wherever Klaus was he felt the same damned pain, caused by the lack of my presence. It would fade soon enough once we got used to being apart but for now it remained the most annoying thing in my whole entire life.

"You know, you could spare yourself-" Kyrin began only to be interrupted by another pained mewl from myself. 

"Bite me." I mumbled in annoyance. 

"I can't wait to tell the twins." Ah yes our final siblings, so immature for beings over a millennia old.

"You will keep your news to yourself Kyrin." I dug my face into Damons warm chest as my heart pulled erratically. The pain deepening.

"Why is it getting worse." I whimpered lowly.

"Maybe because.. and hear me out here. Your avoiding your literal soulmate." I clawed at my skin hoping to ease the pain by ripping my heart out. Kyrin grasped my hands to stop it as my breathing became uneven.

"Damon." I mewled in an attempt at some comfort. The sweet thing ignored his own pain for a moment wrapping his arms around me. 

"It's okay, hey, your okay. Breathe." He spoke softly but i couldn't adjust, soon enough the darkness offered peace and i took it. 

I hate life, i hate all living things, i hate living in general. Thankfully when i woke the pain was nullified but my body was sore from where i had collapsed. Oh yes what a great thing a shadowmate is, all mine has caused me is pain. I looked up to see my brother who smirked down at me as i lifted myself up from the sofa-

A sofa of which did not belong to the boarding house. My eyes roamed the room to Stefan who calmed my nerves slightly. Further along i found a dead body. How delightful. On closer inspection his ashen veiny body became recognisable.

A lovely desiccated Elijah, can't say he didn't deserve it. 

"Kyrin you have brought me to heaven." I cooed shuffling up.

"Ah great your awake, you and I need a chat love." My smile fell very dramatically at the voice. Imeadialty i wished i had never been born. Today is hate, i hate today. 

"Kyrin you have brought me to hell." I corrected standing on my feet as steadily as i could. My eyes dropped to my brother searching for my blades, slowly he stood turning around whilst lifting his jacket. My face dropped when i realised he hadn't brought them. 

"Leon is my favourite brother." I deadpanned as he smirked. 

"Come on sister, thank me. The pain is gone! Yay." He mocked.

"The pain is stood right behind me." And he was, moving closer as we spoke. I turned to face him eyes lighting as his did, thankfully not sending me into a drug like haze.

"Personal space or i cut off your head and put it in a shoe box." I bared my teeth moving to Stefan.

"Play nice, we need his help. Witches say he has a cure." I hate witches, i hate a lot today, i hate whatever wolf bit Damon and I loathe Klaus.

"Make me a deal and i'll do whatever you want." Stefan continued.

"Trouble is, i don't know if you would be any good to me. The way you are now." I cared not for there deal, just as i didn't care about enduring thousands of more hours in pain if it meant peace away from him.

"You are just shy of useless." Stefan still stood untampered by his words, less affected then i was. Everything seemed to agitate me.

"I heard about this one vampire, crazy bloke. Always on and off the wagon for decades, when he was off he was magnificent. 1917 he went into Monetary and wiped out an entire migrant village. A true ripper." As much as i loved the chaos that ripper Stefan made, i hated the idea of him succumbing to it for a man like Klaus.

"Sound familiar?" He asked as i moved towards the door, finally done with it all. I got three steps down the hall before the pain began to build then all the way out of the building before my legs decided they didn't want to function any longer. I sat on a sidewalk with the mother of all glares on my face.

Soon after Kyrin joined me at my side.

"You know how to make this stop Eris." He offered as i huffed indignantly.

"I'd rather not have this conversation right now." He hummed.

"You always were strong headed. The way i see it is you have two options. You either go with him along with Stefan and relieve yourself of the pain of being apart or you mark each other." Always offering solutions my brother. 

Ones i did not like the sound of. 

Marking was an acceptation of the bond. Allowing the other to feel ones emotions, linking their minds apposed to their bodies like the pain did now. It made it so we could be apart and still protect the other should the need arise, knowing when danger lingered around them.

However, to do that would set harsher consequences into play, wolves only chose one other to spend their life with. It was an insurance that our kind would live on without creating to many of us. 

I had built my life and my name on the fact that i did not need anyone else. I was not going to accept someone into my life and my pack for the pure reason that somehow he had been chosen to exist along side me. I'd suffer through the pain to prove i could if anything and id do so knowing happily that he went through everything i did.

The heartache and baited breaths, the ache to reunite and the fire in my bones. All of it because i do not surrender especially not to pain.