Forty

The start of my third week away from Mystic falls is pleasant. 

I'm lounging lazily on the balcony of my hotel suit, watching the stars as the city sleeps. Old records play dimly in the back ground, classic songs set on repeat. It wasn't that i was ignorant to new technology, sometimes the old just never got out dated.

And a simple record could make my night.

I laid back in my robe and underwear, counting the constellations. 

Memorising how they had been over my life. Which had come and gone. Blinked away from existence so i could no longer bathe in their star light. 

There wasn't many beings in the world that could claim to outlive the stars. 

Far less who would actually say it and it be true. 

"I'm gonna order some food. Do you want any?" I turn to see Able before shaking my head.

"I'm not hungry." He nods back to me before slipping out the balcony doors. He takes a seat on the floor rather then one of the arm chairs i was sat on.

Leaving him to stare through bars to catch a glimpse of what laid beyond.

"How did you manage to find me Able?" I ask softly.

"I used my blood to find any relatives. You were the first to separate from the other three on the map. I didn't want to meet everyone at the same time." A logical want. 

"The spell you used... Which grimoire did you learn it from?" I tilt my head to gage a better ear on his response.

"I created it, took me a few months to get right. I find it easier." At his response i'm filled with pride. 

Not only had he managed to track an Ashire down, he had created the spell himself, preformed it and succeeded. He holds the same chaos all the Ashires do, i find my fire staring right back at me when i look into his eyes.

And yet he was fresh.

The newest generation of power and deceit. Untainted by the worlds harshness so far, blinded by mortality's beauty. 

I'd keep him that way.

It wasn't as if he were a nuisance. He managed to keep up with me daily. Didn't ask pointless questions. Able didn't even hold childish naivety.  For that he was tolerable, perhaps even likeable.

But he remained family. 

Even if time hadn't brought us upon each others paths straight away. We had found each other now. He needed someone to care for him. Maybe i needed someone to care for, rather then myself.

"You said you were hungry, would you like to go out for a meal?" I question sitting up as Able turns his head into my direction. 

"Like Burger King?" I chuckle at his words.

"No, i was thinking somewhere finer. You have a lot to see kid, i'll show you the world if you wish it." His eyes light. 

"So your not going to send me off to live with dead people." I pretend to think it over.

"Not quite yet. Go get ready." I order as i lift myself from the chair. 

Able hurry's off as i stretch in the nights cooling air. The soft hum of my records still trailing out the door ways.

I walk inside, greeted by the warmth as i slip my robe off. Replacing it for a finer dress. It hangs upon my body closely, its detail taking away attention from my natural face. Unbothered by any attempt to put on makeup.

We have left within minutes, making our way from the hotel. I have no decision when it comes to the place we will be dining at. I simply walk along the streets hoping something will catch my eye and appetite.

Eventually we stumble inside of some large manor like building. 

Each table is filled with people chatting idly. Courses have been served leaving a pleasant smell to float around the restaurant. I'm intrigued by it all, unable to recall the last time i went out for a civil meal.

The desk attendant is smiling at us as we pour in.

"Hello how can i help you?" She asks as i glance back to her.

Her eyes have glazed over within seconds as she grasps her checkboard, guiding us to a free table. 

Able is interested in everything that catches his eyes, more so my ability to control the woman before us.

"So she just knows what you want?" He asks as i look back to him.

"I send her my thoughts, she takes them on as if they are her own." I shrug as we sit at a table tucked away. I prefer corners like this, it's simpler in a sense. I don't have to be berated by the mortals boring conversation and they in turn cant hear my own riveting ones. 

"So is this the part where we get to know each other? Mutual family bonding?" I take a moment to think. Is this kid the type of person who wants to know me? Do i in turn wanna know this kid?

He's waiting on my answer. 

"I don't know what you want from me. I'm a Taurus?" He rolls his eyes as i shrug my shoulders.

"Lets bypass this shi-"

"Censor." He looks at me incredulously as if i had slapped him.

"Did you just stop me from swear-"

"Aren't you like 12 years old? Shouldn't you be stuttering?" I question quickly.

"I'm 15. This is what i mean. How old are you?" I lean back trying to remember it by year. 

"Like 1060 something? Crazy time." He leans back in shock.

"Wow that's like crazy old. Now like i said. Deeper stuff. Why war?" I furrow my eyebrows at him.

"What could you possibly mean?" 

"I've read everything i could find out about our family. I've learnt the lore like it was my own history. You only fought to save your family, you defended. That doesn't make you war, it makes you honour at least." Food settles over the table as he finishes his sentence.

I nod a thankyou to the staff before turning back to him. A slicker smirk on my lips. 

"Except for the fact i was the catalyst of doom and everything that happened was my fault." He stares at me blankly as if baffled to what i was saying.

"History time Able, listen up."