Thirteen

Waking up shackled in the back of a car is never a good way to rise. Especially with a crick so large in my neck, i shuck my head dramatically looking through the front window to see the back of a blondes head. Rebekah. 

"What i want is to take my girls and my hybrid and get the hell out of this town." I fiddled with the locked door, unsurprised as it didn't open.

"Looks like someone's awake." Rebekah looked to me through the window.

"Why don't you go fetch the truck? Spare yourself of the threats she no doubt has bubbling for you, i'll get Elena." The blonde nodded as she slid off the hood of the car, leaving Klaus behind. I banged on the window.

"Your going to break my window." He scolded as i narrowed my eyes.

"You will be lucky if that's the only thing i ruin." He smirked.

"There she is, i take it your nap was refreshing?" I pounded on the door again, Klaus went to intervene but his attention moved.

"Well look who finally decided to show up to the party." My eyes followed his to see Damon.

"Where are they?" He walked with purpose.

"Elena? Oh, yes she's making a donation to a greater cause. Can't let you interfere mate." Damon pushed anyway.

"Eris. She's usually good at answering her phone, hasn't in the past hour." Klaus let a smile fall onto his face as i banged on the window again. Damon looked to me swiftly.

"Ah how could i forget? She will be accompanying me on this trip. Replacement for your brother." Damon glared.

"Stefan made that bargain, he pays for it not her." Klaus leant against the car door between Damon and I.

"You seem to know a lot about her Salvatore, so tell me the solution to the pain and i'll leave her here." Damon didn't even open his mouth to answer. He knew as i did that should we take that option and allow the marks to be made there was no hope of Bonnie severing the attachment. 

"No words to say? Then you should leave." The hybrid pushed my friend back.

"You will have to kill me." He tried getting past again.

"Oh i would love to but i made a pledge to your brother and unlike him i keep my word." I tried the door again to no avail, shuffling in my restraints.

"Although thinking about it he probably doesn't care anymore." Klaus attacked. I moved as he did throwing myself into the front seat and unlocking the door, i tumbled from the car, the clatter of metal chains thudding down with me.

"Don't you want to know about your friend Mikael?" Damon spoke as Klaus pinned him to a car, i shuffled up huffing indignantly.

"What do you know about Mikael?" The hesitation caught my intrigue.

"Just that he knows your here." 

"Your bluffing." Klaus stated, for a moment i thought i heard it. Fear in his voice, possibly even terror.

"Katherine and i found him, consider it our leverage." Klaus was quick to react then, tossing Damon harshly into the car. A car i should have perhaps stayed in as my departure from it made it easy for Klaus to snatch me up. Once again he sped us someone completely different. 

He pulled out his phone as soon as we stopped, leaving me to shuffle in an attempt to adjust myself.

"I get your having a moment here but please for the love of everything tell me you did not leave the keys to these chains in that car." He shuck his head typing on his phone with one hand as he shuffled keys in his pocket with the other.

Clearly to busy to use words, like a caveman.

"Klaus." I whined, he huffed putting his phone down.

"What?" 

"That was a hint to take them off." I grumbled shuffling so they rattled. He tossed me an incredulous glance.

"Oh yes. Tell me will you run in wolf form or stay as you are?" I scoffed.

"Someone has trust issues." He ignored me so i prowled closer, Klaus no doubt knew i was moving. He could hear every rattle.

"Who's Mikael?" I asked. Now he did set his phone down, turning to me with full attention.

"No one you need to know about." At his words i hummed in disbelief, sure. He wasn't someone i needed to be weary of, considering he had my supposedly immortal shadowmate running. Top of the food chain and all that shit.

"He's related to you, that much is clear. Though depending on the time your from will determine how distant." Klaus huffed as a car pulled up, i became shocked at how quickly his contacts worked. 

"He is my supposed father." Not so distant then.

"So why do you fear him." I pushed as he grasped my arm, the woman driving got out opening the passenger door for me as Klaus lead me in. He shut the door after, walking back to his side. Once he settled i asked again.

"Klaus?" He swallowed.

"He has hunted me my entire life." An unbitten rage that i didn't truly feel washed through my veins. After all why would i truly care? 

"I don't like the sound of your family." I deadpanned. After everything mine was such a sacred thing to me, we didn't spend more then a few years apart even after all this time and my parents had been nothing but loving, so much so that i still missed them to this day.

His father and brother had tried to end his life for reasons i did not know but i still believed they could not have been justified. There was not a single thing that could push me to even think of the possibility when it came to my brothers and i was made to kill. 

"I'm sure if you ever have the misfortune of meeting my father he will say the same about you love." I scoffed at his words.

"I don't care. I would kill him just for the sport of it." He laughed then as the car roared back to life.

"Are you seriously not going to undo my restraints?" I asked making him nod without hesitation.

"For now try to adjust, I'd rather not take any chances." I rolled my eyes as the car set into motion.

"What of your sister?" Glancing back behind us i realised he had left her behind.

"She will be safe here whilst i am gone and even more so when i return." Klaus spoke calmer then before, maybe it had to do with the increasing distance he was putting between himself and Mystic Falls. All the while my heart aches because this place had been my home and so had Damon.