Five

There's always a reason when your sibling gets in touch, it's never spontaneous, never just to check in. There is always a need. Right now i held one so mighty that my brother would become victim to one of my infamous phone calls. Kyrin is my eldest brother, his time is precious and his attention even more so.

To spare only a few minutes of his day would be a set back but i cared not for his needs when mine outweighed his at the moment. And so i rang, half excepting the answer phone to respond. 

"Eris. How long has it been? 2 years?" Was the first thing he said.

"A short time for an immortal as im sure your aware." I teased happy to hear his voice. I heard the soft wisp of a books pages before a thud signalled it shutting.

"You have my full attention little sister." He mused.

"I need something Kyrin, i need my blades back." Straight to the point especially in this time of need. When i wanted them so fiercely.

"Our family blades. The blades of Ashire." He corrected as i huffed. They had been granted their power in my hands, used by no one more then I. 

"The point remains Rin, Damon needs my help, i can't except a no from you this time." He sighed out, a moment of bearing silence floated around me after and i thought once more he would turn me down. Consequence to the last power hungry hunt i had done with them. How many fights i had started and ended in a day, the cities i had made fall.

"How many Eris? How many to be slaughtered this time?" Awaiting disappointment, to prove i was as volatile as the centuries prior when he had decided best to take my toys.

"Only one Kyrin, one who wishes to kill more then even I." A beat later.

"Just one Eris? On all we hold close?" Our brothers. 

"On everything brother, just one man." He debated my request over and over, fiddling with it in his mind like play dough all the while i sat waiting, hoping he would make this easier for the both of us, after all i had said i would not take no for an answer. 

"I'll bring them to you, i'll watch you kill this man and then i will bring them back with me." A cautious move on his part but understandable.

"Thank you Kyrin, i'll see you soon." My smirk had already began to build.

"Yes you will sister." The phone blared its ending tone as I lowered it to my side desk. A coy smile of certain victory overpowering any sensation i held. I laid back upon the guest room bed Damon had bestowed me and bit back the excitement.

I could practically feel the power already, knowing it was coming. Knowing i would kill the first of Klaus Mikaelsons kind. Until my moment of pure serenity was smashed in a forceful wave of Elena's screaming.

"What are you doing! Get out of here!" Stefan followed up as i pulled myself from the comfort of my bed heading down the hall to the smell of fresh blood.

"At least now we know she'll come back." Damon grit, blood smeared over his teeth, dripping from his lips.

"That wasn't your choice to make." His brother glared heatedly as i took my friend from the room, eyeing the rest with a nonchalant grin.

"Then be lucky he took the burden for you." I mused following Damon out as he stormed to his car. I allowed him his silence as he sped us away, wondering where exactly he let his steam cool nowadays, i can't say i was surprised to find a bar.

The old familiar Mystic grill if anything.

We entered in that pre built soothing silence, the only sound was the tempo of the bars music. As soon as we stepped foot inside Damon had already signalled the waiter for our drinks. Two tissues accompanied our hard liquor before someone pulled out a seat beside us. I turned to see the real 'Ric' whose name i had now learnt was Alaric.

"I'll have the same please." He looked directly at Damon.

"I screwed up." Were the first regretful words i heard exit Damons mouth, i sniggered lightly at him.

"Yeah you did." Alaric agreed. 

"I thought it was a clever idea." I mused nudging his arm.

"She is going to hate me forever." Damon spoke softly making me shrug.

"At least she will be alive to do so." I drank my drink in a cheers to him, laughing as he shuck his head with guilt.

"Lady and gentlemen. Why so glum?" Before i even turned that nagging sense i had gotten when i first arrived back home returned. My blood began to beat for a new purpose, roaring in my ears. Then again i was only left disappointed, for what i did not know. My eyes fell on a man but my heart sank, as if he were wrong.

Damon groaned.

"Klaus i presume." We each looked to the other and rolled our eyes. The day already biting at our patience.

"In the flesh. Thanks for the loaner mate." Alaric bristled as Damon began to stand, i leant back in my seat prepared for the show.

"Any reason you stopped by to say hi?" His tone suggested nothing more than bitten agitation.

"I'm told you and your brother fancy my doppelganger. Just thought i would remind you not to do anything you might regret." Damon laughed as he looked back to me, my own smile itching with amusement.

"Huh, thanks for the advice." He paused.

"I don't suppose i could talk you into a postponement or anything?" The words were hopeless as they left his mouth but i enjoyed them so anyway.

"Your kidding. He is kidding right?" His attention never moved from Damon despite the question thrown at us.

"No, not really." Alaric responded as i ignored his existence, one thought ricocheting in my mind. My blade into his heart. The satisfying diminishing of its beats. 

"What's one month in the whole grand scheme of things?" His smirk showed his seriousness but Klaus only stepped forward.

"Let me be clear, i have my vampire, i have my werewolf and i have everything i need, the ritual will happen tonight. So if you want to live to see tomorrow don't screw it up." They stared each other down for title of top dog for a moment after. 

With once glance to Alaric i tossed him a smirk placing my empty glass in his hand. Slowly i stood placing a soft hand on Damon's chest as i pushed him back to his seat, the excitement built in me as i moved my hands to the collar of Klaus's jacket, tugging them up as i connected eyes with him.

"You die tonight." His eyes followed me as i walked past him nudging his shoulder on the way. Hoping he would react with a bar full of people to watch, he didn't to my surprise and i found myself able to leave the bar unscathed.

All the while as i walked back to the boarding house i listened for the chime of my phone, waiting for that one text from my brother, anticipating it.