Forty-Five

I had learnt a lot about Hayley Marshal within the last nine days. 

She was the type of wolf that i could get along with and her story was complex. She was a complex wolf. They were typically hard to find. It's hard to be a wolf and betray the comfort of anger. We all relent to it and suffer an outburst.

Although, Hayley seemed to overcome anger. I would rather define her as a rose. With pretty petals but sharp thorns. 

Far from the brand of being a wolf. 

I liked that she was different. I liked Hayley within days. It spoke a lot about her. 

Not only was she different. She held great conversation and wasn't afraid to talk of vulgar things.

Her story in itself is a sorrowful one. Having had no family and forced to homes that did not want her. She had overcome it and searched for her true home and legacy. I had agreed to fund all adventures for her. One request she had for the whole ordeal. 

I'd agreed and more.

She was going to be the woman carrying my baby.

Our baby.

She had to be close to me as we would share something tremendous. I'd ease her into the process, get her used to the pregnancy. Give her time to think of more things she may want or need from me. Before having to sever all ties.

This had been heavily discussed.

Hayley was all about family. She was searching for hers as i was sending my own away. I knew through her own struggles she understood but that did not mean she had no disputes. We had talked for hours, days about it. 

I had assured her i wasn't gone forever.

I wouldnt be able to sleep at night. So I'd place a tether. I'd know when the baby was in danger and come at first call. Though nothing else, i would protect them both if danger ever arose. 

A heavy weighing topic.

All the while i was still ignoring my grief.

And Able. 

I had realised three days ago that i had said myself, i could not look after a child by myself. Especially not this one, who would be raised to great power. He didn't need people like me corrupting him. 

I was sick of feeling sorry about it but the grief allows no light. 

I had decided Able would be better off if he was raised by his closest blood relative. Kyrin, whom having had lost a child would benefit greatly.

And Able is a great kid, he deserves the world. 

"Are you always so grumpy?" Hayley asks ripping me from the horror of my thoughts.

"No, usually i am passively aggressive so its funny." I shrug sitting up.

"What do you think it will be?" She then asks. 

"A boy. The gene is strong in my family." I guess nonchalantly. It was in the facts.

"I hope its a girl however. It would be nice to create another powerful Ashire Luna." I blink before shaking my head.

"A beautiful Marshal Luna." I correct with a small laugh.

"It has a ring to it." She laughs but shakes her head at the same time. 

"Do you control your shifts?" She then asks as i grin.

"Whats with all the questions?" I ask.

"I want to know the sort of person ill be raising." Hayley is quick to retort, i nod in agreement.

"They will be powerful, a species no one has ever seen before. It's going to be hard to tell, like a secondary puberty. However, they will be smart and loyal, perhaps even caring. Most of all they will love entirely and their smile will will remind you the world hasn't ended yet." A smile creeps onto her face before she bursts out laughing.

"What an angel." She jokes.

"Well with the parental mixture i wouldn't say angels are a far fetch." She leans over clutching her sides.

"I hope they are funny." Hayley then admits. It was always a possibility but the gene could skip as it did with Kyrin. 

"I want a boy. Just because i haven't seen another guy in like 2 weeks." I turn to see Able leant against the wall.

"Eaves dropping little shit. I told you to stop being weird and actually come in instead of peeping inside." He rolls his eyes before walking in, taking a seat at the other side of the room.

"You make me sound like a pervert." I roll my eyes in return.

"Are you going to let me perform the spell to swap the baby?" He then asks hastily as i bark out laughter.

"Is your name Johnny Cash?" I ask just as quickly.

"No-"

"Exactly, you understand. No." He huffs indignantly.

"You said we were preforming the spell tomorrow, i see no witch except the hot one in the mirror." I point towards the built in closet as he looks to it and thuds over.

He grabs the handle before forcing it open, allowing a slightly roughed up version of dead Harper to fall out. 

I know, i know.

Harper was so last season and not to mention, incredibly dead. 

Although, she had been the only witch i could think of when the pregnancy scandal came out. I'd gone back to her apartment and wrapped her body in black smoke within an instant. She had been... fermenting since. 

She had the power floating through her i would need to do the spell and i could control her. It was perfect.

"That is so gross. What if i had gone in there before? Huge bummer." I wonder why he talks the way he does before laying back in my seat.

"I like to solve problems before they arise, its always efficient to have a dead witch's body around." Hayley is scanning the scene with shock.

"How long has she been in there?" Is her only question.

"Ever since we came actually. It's fine, she's not rotting." I shrug it off before forcing myself up. I head off back to my room before grabbing some paper and pens from my desk top. 

I don't begin the letter fondly, its more of a report.

Things i had to say, things that needed to be done. 

News Kyrin would be delighted to hear.