Sixteen

It was a surprise to most the next day when i strolled into the common area, dressed as i had been all those weeks prior apposed to the lounge wear i had sulked in recently, tucked away in my room. Now i was so pumped with energy i didn't know what to do with myself. Klaus looked to me as i strolled out of my room, he wore what he always did, talking to his hybrids.

"You look lovely, may i ask what the occasion is?" I tugged the phone from my pocket, tossing it to him. I didn't need it now, didn't need anything, in fact i didn't need to do anything either. Always worried washed away by a simple text.

"An old friend got in touch." I mused slinking down onto the couch with a smile of satisfaction on my face. Klaus looked annoyed for a moment tucking my phone back into his own pocket.

"Yes, I've been meaning to ask love, who is Dante?" That was the golden question wasn't it? I sat up, looking to him.

"Only the best hunter i know." I mused shaking with laughter again. Damon no doubt text my brother Leonidas whom would have been with Dante, his own Shadowmate. Dante had been a hunter before our family had found him and Leon always did love a challenge. The two fought for around a decade, my brother amusing the hunter by giving him a catch he could not kill.

The hunt turned to something different for Dante, amusement and fun. For Leon he had loved him since the moment he saw him, marked Dante the second he allowed it. The human man could not mark him back but the bond knew that and so they were united. Dante chose to become a vampire to stay with Leonidas and so they had been together for 300 years.

No doubt where my brother went so did his mate as well as my final sibling Ezra, Leonidas's twin. The three together would find me and set me free from this wolfs den.

"They will find us Klaus." I continued as i looked back to him. He stood in a debating silence.

"I figured so." My eyebrows furrowed at his words.

"I rang a witch the moment the text came through, she said the only way to keep you out of this hunters reach was to keep moving. I've been doing so whilst she searches for the answers you refuse to give me." To finalise the bond. 

"You think a witch knows a wolfs business?" I scoffed. Klaus hummed lowly walking closer and sitting opposite me.

"I don't think so, no. She turned out to be quite useless but I've learnt of a certain man who completed his bonding process." My eyes snapped to him, my attention fully caught.

"I didn't know how to find him at first but a few days ago i got a text." He mused with a lazy smile.

"Told me he was coming to find me." And i had given my phone away, unable to warn any of them that they were expected. All the more worse, i didn't know if Dante was on vervain considering he was a vampire who lived with wolves i doubted such.

I went rigid with worry.

"You have no hope against him." By him i meant the people who travelled along side him.

"All it takes is one bite from my hybrids." Klaus leant forwards in his seat, a smirk so prominent on his face because he had his own little cunning plan.

"He will need the cure and your brother who will no doubt be with him will want it to." I stood in a raging fit.

"You threaten my family? The life of my brother and my friend?" He stood slower then i did facing me with a lack of fear. A silly thing to lack in the presence of a horseman. I'd tear his heart out and take it with me. 

"I want a civil chat love, though i doubt they share the same wants as i do." His eyes twinkled with amusement.

"A dangerous thing to do, messing with Leon's mate will result in your downfall." My eyes fell to his pocket, just to warn them, to tell them of the risks. Of the bites and the vervain and a cure that could only be secured from one man.

"They are coming to steal you from me. Did you expect me not to retaliate?" What could i even do at this moment in time? Kill him temporarily and try to drag his body away without the hybrids noticing, run and hope i can surpass the pain? Tell him what he wants to hear before my family suffers and condemn myself? 

"It's not retaliation, is it?" I questioned in disappointment.

"Not when you have it all planned out before you even see what they do. Instead of trying to solidify this bond, tell your witch to break it. Allow both of us to walk away from each other with no pain or ache or suffering." Perhaps this was a solution, a truce between it all.

He didn't take the bait.

"I'd rather not." Stupid bond, stupid mate, stupid everything.

"You will not win in the end." I chose to finish it there shaking my head as i turned back to my room. 

"You want to know what i saw Eris?" I stopped but i didn't turn back.

"I saw what I've wanted for a thousand years. The first vision was a family, mixed of my siblings and who i believe to be your own. I think it was a meal but at the head of the table you and I sat." He paused as i listened because i had not seen this in my own.

"You were happy, i know you were, i felt that you were. The second was a dance and your brother was trying to steal you away for the first one but you came to me. I remember how shocked i looked until you told me that it was because he was an awful dancer." Klaus laughed to himself then and i found my heart aching.

"I saw things that made me believe you want this to because i know you don't want to wield a blade forever. I know that you want to put your life in someone's hands one day and be able to trust that they will protect it, protect you. I know that you do because you told me." I had heard enough. 

This time when i shut my bedroom door, it didn't open for days. I knew why i worried so, why his words had affected me as much as they had. My anger was sated because all he had said about me was true