Eighteen

Everyone was sat silently. Leon had shifted back to his original form, doting on Dante who swore he felt nothing amiss. Ezra was awkwardly sat beside them as Klaus kept me close on the opposite sofa. The hybrids had cleaned the mess that had been made and taken the dead bodies else where, remaining outside of the door until dismissed.

"We aren't giving him what he wants." Dante shrugged as Leon fussed with the bite wound.

"You will die without his cure and Kyrin may be able to revive you but Leon is a whole different matter. Or did you forget?" Ezra taunted. A limitation to Kyrin's power, should any of us die he would not be able to save us. Once our soul detached from our body there is no hope in tugging them back together.

"So you say we give up our sister instead?" Leon grumbled.

"Maybe she will thank us in years to come." Ezra chirped as i scowled.

"You shouldn't have come." I rolled my eyes.

"What's the worse that can come from it?" Ezra mused leaning to pick up some fruit from the table separating us. 

"A link between them. He will always be able to find her as well as feeling what she feels. Not to mention the fact that he will feel as though he has to be with her all the time." Leonidas informed our brother.

"But you wouldn't know would you? Even magic can't force anyone to be with you." Ezra sneered at leons words. 

"Or perhaps it knows i can never settle down. I'm surprised Eris even has a shadowmate." He averted the topic.

"Actually im surprised your still alive." He continued looking at Klaus before shrugging.

"She can't kill him without dying herself you idiot." The pair bickered.

"Look at her face." Ezra pointed at my scowl.

"I don't think she cares-"

"Enough of this. Tell me what i want to know." Klaus interrupted, Dante rolled his eyes.

"Why?" I turned to ask him making his eyes move to me.

"Because i need insurance that when i go to kill my father i wont be sabotaged by the lack of your presence. Any weakness and he will take advantage love." Leon hummed sitting back in his seat at Klaus's answer.

"You should know despite the fact that we hate you, you are protected by the Ashire's." Because we are linked. 

"Even Kyrin will aid you." Ezra added nodding.

"There is no point in trying to persuade him, his reasons vary from day to day but he is adamant he wants to complete this bond." I huffed as Ezra snickered at me.

"Then why not indulge in it Eris?" He mused as i glared at him.

"I will not ever betray Damon like that." I spoke in pure confidence. Klaus grumbled next to me.

"Your lucky i allowed him to live. Perhaps if he is the problem i'll rid the world of him." I very nearly pounced on him.

"There are certain things you will learn are off limits Mikaelson, her little vampire remains on that list." Leon chuckled. I nodded in agreement.

"I'm willing to compromise but i will not be ending this bond." Klaus admitted as a soft knock rattled the door. Everyone looked in confusion to it as the person let themselves in, shutting the door calmly behind them.

"Why is Dante dying?" I glared fiercely at Kyrin who's words had been assessing and coy.

"You traitor." I sneered as he smiled fondly.

"Kyrin! Welcome to the party!" Ezra shuffled up as he slowly walked to the sofa taking a seat.

"An insurance that i get my answers im afraid." Klaus drawled. 

"I thought you would have come to agreement by now. I see i was mistaken." He clasped his hands together before taking a different approach.

"Damon misses you fondly." My eyes softened.

"Is he okay?" More grumbling by my side that i ignored. 

"He is riddled with stress and wants to see you home and safe. He made me promise to get you back no matter how. So i offered him a solution." Like i said before, Kyrin always turned all problems to pixie dust.

"Who needs a solution now? I say we do what we do best, we are the horsemen of the apocalypse. Now we are together we force the cure from him and take Eris." Leon demanded standing. Kyrin remained level headed as Klaus positioned himself between me and Leonidas.

"Sit down Leon. Think this through will you? You yourself should know what he is going through as I do." To lose a mate. I felt selfish in this moment only just remembering.

Yes, there had been a girl all those centuries ago, whom had caught my brothers eye. He had been the first to find his mate, the first to lose them as well. Though he was Death. Even losing his mate could not kill him and so he was cursed to live on without her. 

"You did chase Dante around for ten years." Ezra added with a shrug.

"I followed to spare us both of the pain." Leon defended.

"I didn't kidnap him." He gestured to me.

"We all do what we must, i for one would like to see our sister happy despite her need to ruin her own life." Kyrin tutted. 

"It's not your decision, its theirs." Dante spoke softly.

"He will take you home Eris, you will see Damon again." Kyrin persuaded.

"You are forced to do nothing more after this step." No i wasn't. We would be linked and that would be the end, there wasn't even a guarantee that there was a spell to separate us. 

"You don't understand." I spoke softly.

"Your mate was a flower girl, she lived a peaceful life, loved dutifully. Leons mate tried to hurt no one but him." I paused shaking my head before turning to Klaus.

"You don't threaten me in anyway and i would have accepted you the moment i saw you had you not tried to ruin the life of my eldest friend. You enslaved his brother and killed the girl he loved." Tears of frustration built in my eyes.

"How can i walk this road with you and call myself a loyal friend? Yes, you saw me happy as did I. Perhaps i wanted what i saw to become my reality but i can not have such a thing when you threaten the people from my past." I bit down heavily on my tongue then, regretting the words as soon as they left me.

Hating myself so.

Klaus looked as shocked as my brothers did as i furiously wiped the tears building in my eyes, turning away in embarrassment. 

"I'll take off my compulsion." The words left Klaus quietly as I looked back to him.

"What?" I questioned.

"I'll take off the compulsion i put on Stefan, i won't kill any Salvatore's or Gilberts or anyone in that wretched town that you care for. I promise it." He stood then biting into his wrist as he scooped an empty glass off the table. 

The blood pooled as he passed it to Dante.

"The cure for a werewolf bite, a sign of good faith. You can leave. All of you." Leon watched the bite fade before standing and pulling Dante up with him. I looked around the room in disbelief seeing Kyrin tugging Ezra up and out with a smile of something new on his face.

He paused by the door.

"We will wait in the lobby for you Eris, if you decide to come that is." He smiled shutting the door after him.

Silence engulfed the room.