Forty-Six

"So i'm going to live with Kyrin?" Able stares at me incredulously. 

"I didn't spend enough of your money." I shake my head at him before rolling my eyes.

"Listen, you can see i'm in some literal shit right now. I have to go do things that you cant do. Blow off eternal grief and scream into the night as a wolf, tearing my way through Russia. It's a whole process i'm not willing to describe." He crosses his arms as i finish my sentence. 

"You cant do this to yourself." The mood becomes dull.

"What?" I bark a laugh.

"You cant push me away. Your isolating yourself-"

"You are a boy, do not tell me what i am doing when i have lived for as long as i have." He sits back at the scolding forcing me to fill the silence.

"I don't like being alone Able but its better for everyone." I unlock my side of the car before stepping out. The air around me is still cold from the rainy weather, the floor below dampening my shoes.

I doubted Kyrin hadn't re-read my letter a thousand times. The possibilities and impossibilities. 

But what were we if not a family of miracles.

I hear his boots hitting the pavement forcing me to look up and meet him half way across the distance.

"For once i applaud you, you have made a great decision by giving Able to me." Kyrin muses as i scoff in amusement.

"You kiss my ass and praise my every moment. As does everyone who fears my every outburst." I retort holding out the keys to my rental car that Able was currently sat in.

"And what of you?" Kyrin asks averting his eyes from the car.

"I'll let the bitterness of the wild tear me apart so i can reshape who i am as a person. Who fucks like mother nature anyway?" I shrug my shoulders.

"For the record the last time you did that you became worse."

"Always evolving what can i say." I don't let his words affect me at all. In fact i'm humoured to them.

"If you want i'll take him with me?" I ask putting the keys back into my pocket.

"That's not amusing Eris." Kyrin's eyes go serious. 

"I'm here out of my generosity, to do something for kindness and you mock me?" I laugh brashly.

"You know i wouldn't come without the means to get away. Your far to fickle to be trusted when it comes to my redemption." I continue.

Kyrin knew of my ways, this was clear by now. He knew there was nothing he could say or do to guide me away from the path i am on. Not so long as i held the Ashire blades and remained the Ashire Luna. 

I held far to much power.

"I wouldn't risk this kid trying to win a fight I've been in for a millennia. Are you going to say goodbye?" He then asks forcing me to think.

If Able deserved anything from me, it was a goodbye. 

I walk slowly back to the car after tossing Kyrin the keys, he lingers behind to give us a moment.

I open Able's side of the car, allowing the cold in to replace the comfort of warmth.

"I think this is the part where we say our first goodbye." I speak lightly, looking down to the boy. A part of my family whom had come crashing in at a time that could be described as my worst moments.

Yet he had still brought light and joy and for that i was sad to see him go.

He doesn't speak back to me, instead rushing out to suffocate me in a hug. He crushes me as if this is the last time he will be able to and after a moment i allow my arms to reciprocate the affection. 

I sigh out into the air as we stand in the softness, the seconds rushing by, waiting to pull us apart. Though i do not move, not until Able decides he has had enough. I'm shocked to see the tears in his eyes. 

Knowing we hadn't been together that long after all. Still, i understood the child's sadness, so i offer him something else.

"You will have far more adventures with my brother little one. Do not let me make you sad." I wipe the tears from his cheeks as he nods his head.

"I'm going to miss you, stay safe please?" He speaks calmly.

"Everyone will be safer, that's why i am doing this. Know i will miss you to and that you are my family Able. I always come back for my family." I back away as Kyrin approaches. Then, quicker then i had expected they were gone.

Kyrin and Able had been reunited and i was left alone again. 

Wondering if i should dive into the realm of the dead and demand answers from the string spinners. Why had mine gone on when his had been cut?

All i could think of was the thick vast woods of the Russian wildness. So dark immortals struggle to see. It is time to reset the mindset i had come to have. Remember that the world can take from me. Though first i had a few matter to attend to, one being the matter of the other child. 

I would use my witch and preform the spell safely through me, assuring nothing can go wrong. Once i have confirmed her funding and security, placing the wards on my baby. We can finally split on our path.

I will not have to be reminded every day that i let the father of my child die. They will not be burdened by my legacy and enemies. I can not corrupt them. 

And still i wouldnt be there to see them blink into their first moments of life. I wouldn't be there to show them that the shadows are our friends, the sky is no limit. That they came from two complex bloodlines, an origin that created someone who will never know they are a miracle. 

Most of all, they would never know i truly love them.