Four

She did run as her friend lashed out, sending the man hurtling into a trophy case. He groaned in pain despite their being no visible mark on his body. I prowled closer as she looked back.

"He has some sort of spell protecting his body." She cast out in a panic.

"Then we find the witch and kill it." I shrugged, the meat bag began to stand.

"Not going to be that easy. You have to leave here alive to do that." A weak statement from the man who had just been used as a ragdoll. 

"Threaten me when your in your own body." I deadpanned gesturing for Bonnie to leave.

"I'll get Damon." She assured as she turned on her heel slamming the doors behind her.

"Is this where i find out what you can do?" I ignored his question.

"Do your powers transfer over into this body or just your parasitic conscience?" I asked instead, his head tilted.

"Sizing up how much of a fight i'll give?" My lip tilted.

"And if i am?" 

"Come and find out." Just what i wanted to hear. I shot forward without question, kicking glass up from the floor into his eyes. His arms rose to stop it allowing me a spacious kick to his stomach.

"You can't beat me at my own game." He huffed as i spoke, my kick so strong even the strength he had as a vampire could not belittle the impact.

"Funny, i was about to say the same thing." He lashed out, hand tightening around my throat, gripping so hard i knew he was tempted to pull it out. I placed my hand over his ripping it away from my skin, hearing his hand crunch at my grip. 

Swiftly i twisted his arm, placing it behind his back. I pushed him forward as i did so, sending him into the cafeteria. The doors struggled to shut behind me as he composed himself.

"Your strong but i don't intend to lose tonight." I faked a pout at his words. Clearly angering him as he had dashed forward lodging something into my side. I grumbled in pain pushing him back so harshly he cracked the plaster of the wall he hit into. 

"That is so unsanitary." I stated grossed out. I twisted the wooden broom from my body snapping it over my leg.

"And this dress was vintage." Can't say im sad to see it ruined however. As i complained over my newly bloody outfit i ignored him. A silly mistake as he struck again, pushing me so fiercely back i slid through the doors and into the hall. My eyes began to change to their shimmering blue, i could feel it, my canines extending with them.

"I don't care who's meat suit your in, you die tonight." I growled lowly looking up to see Bonnie dashing into the room, the doors sealing behind her. My fist banged so furiously against them blood emerged as the wood and glass tore into my hand.

Damon was the one to pull me away.

"Hey? Are you okay? Come on calm down." He pulled my hands up taking the splinters from it and making sure it healed.

"Your witch just signed her death certificate." I closed my eyes taking a breath, feeling the tip of my teeth retreat from my lips.

"Bonnie knows what she's doing."  He assured.

"I had it handled-"

"You were going to kill Ric, Klaus probably would have woken in his own body without a scratch." I sighed nodding at the simple fact.

"I'll need my blades if magic can't stop him." Ah yes, the blades i had left in the hands of my dear brother. The blades that could kill any and all when wielded by me. He had confiscated them centuries prior and any time we met up he refused to give them back.

They were the treasure i had hunted for.

Able to kill anything, which would have come in handy for a certain original. I looked down to the blood that had began to dry ignoring the frantic yells of the doppelganger behind me. 

"She will die." I confirmed about the witch, Damon nodded.

"That's the plan." Despite the fading pain i smirked.

"Oh i taught you well." I mused as the doors finally opened. We shuffled back to it to see the woman on the floor, nose bloodied and face void of life.

"How long?" I asked softly.

"Your guess is as good as mine." He shrugged. I moved away from him as Elena came to hound upon him, not quite interested in her mewling over her fallen friend. I tried not to laugh considering the circumstances as i paced to the window, open for a quick get away.

As expected i found nothing lingering in the tree line but i could not shake the feeling of eyes upon me. If i didn't know better i would have shaken it off but i did, for now however we had claimed a victory. One i wasn't willing to ruin by stalking into the night to hunt down one who had scorned me.

I watched as the witches body was taken away, Elena's sobbing quieting as she got further away down the halls. Damon left behind to look over the damage. I wondered if she would ever truly see what he had given to please her, wondered if he would ever find happiness. 

That lone thought plagued me, how he would risk his life for her even when she loved another. Love was indeed a dangerous thing, platonic less so but still potent. Though when it was as volatile as the one shared between two people who only breathed to live on for the other, that's when the real chaos formed. 

That's how the world would end. Some day someone would lose someone so important to them that the world below them would crumple, perhaps a lover or a parent or a sibling. It does not matter, with that love, of pure uncontaminated adoration, everything will fall below it. All it took was for the wrong person to lose so fiercely, the only question is who will lose?

Myself or my three bothers?