Seven

There is one type of person i hate above all else and it is stupid people. Stefan Salvatore was a stupid person. A fool in love as the poets say. He was willing to offer himself up on a silver platter for the aunt of Elena. As heroic as some would see the action i did not, all i saw was the failure i would endure if i let him go through with it.

Don't let him do anything stupid

Damon had said, only for his brother to make the task tiresomely difficult for me. We stood a journeys run away from the quarry, bidding fair wells to those we would leave behind. Stefan was divulging his suicide to the Bennett and i was stood with Kyrin.

"You come out when the witch does, Elena will be saved should her spell work, if not you are tasked with job of bringing her soul and body back together." I mused as if it were simple work for him.

"And you? I'm supposed to let you run into the woods with your blood thirsty daggers and hope that you bring them back?" He pulled them from his waist band.

"My allegiance to you has been proven many times brother, once i kill the man i'll return them to you." He nodded slowly transferring them to my hands. My breath shuddered as the power enveloped my hands. A child reunited with her toys.

"You remember why you fight tonight Eris, remember who's happiness lays upon the line." Damon's, all for Damon. 

"I'll watch his brother and reunite him with Elena once the danger has been nullified." I nodded as he placed one of his soothing kisses upon my head.

"I will wait for your return my dear sister." I smiled as Stefan came to my side.

"Are you ready?" He asked.

"Of course i am." We looked back one last time to the original and my brother waving small gestures as they faded between trees. 

"You will let me save Jenna won't you?" Stefan asked as we walked through the darkness, i scoffed at him.

"Pray i don't kill you for even asking me to." The air seemed to shift to madness. Stefan rising his finger to his lips as we separated. He walked out of the tree line where as i waited in the wings, stalking around. Jenna i assumed her to be, remained alive as well as Elena.

"Well, i don't recall you being on the guest list." His words were accompanied by a crackle of surrounding fires. 

"I'm here to talk." The moon bore down on us all, shaking me in my own skin.

"Very well then." Klaus swiftly met Stefan at the top of the hill side. I took cautious steps back as to dull my heart beat to his ears.

"What can i do for you Mr Salvatore." Like a wolf to a sheep i prowled down the Quarry eyes lingering on Elena as she caught mine, panic stricken in her own.

"You don't need to kill Jenna, i'll take her place." Very unlikely considering i wasn't fond of the idea, meaning should he try I'd snap his neck just for the insult. 

"Oh i don't know, i rather appreciate the symmetry of three women. Three goddesses sacrificed at natures alter." Well at least he saw women's worth i guess. Perhaps if i didn't have to kill him i could have shown him the true power of a deity. 

"Don't play with me, you will get what you want either way." Stefan took a step closer. 

"Quite the hero, you know i have heard that about you-"

"Just make the trade. Me for Jenna."  Stefan interrupted Klaus. Together they moved down the hill, i leant upon a tree waiting for the witch to get here. As soon as she could take out Klaus's witch the sooner i could kill him.

"Quite the predicament, you know its funny, all this talk about preserving family and here comes Stefan, granting your wish." The couple looked to each other one pleading and the other ready for anything.

"Stefan-" Elena whispered.

"It's okay." 

"Well who's it going to be Elena?" Oh what a cruel little thing he was, a choice between her lover or her family. I found my self inching closer.

"No..." She muttered.

 "Don't worry, there is actually no choice." Klaus moved quickly then, stake in hand rushing at Stefan, he managed to lodge it in his back before i had revealed myself on impulse. Any other man i wouldn't have cared but this was Damon's blood.

I had tossed Klaus away as i knelt next to Stefan, growling in discontent.

"You idiot." I spat, hand nearing the stake before i was ripped back. My eyes rose to meet those of a witches, one i had forgotten existed.

She shoved me to the floor enveloping the floor around me in fire.

"I knew you would come love, saved you a seat." My eyes met his and that annoying sensation that lead to disappointment grew. I turned away facing his witch.

"You die first." I looked back to Klaus.

"And then you follow swiftly after." Silly little witch, thinking she could hold me. I would bet everything i had that she had no idea who she had just royally pissed off. Stefan lay groaning as i tucked the daggers further into my waist band, positioning my hands over the fire. 

Black spilled as terror did in the witches eyes.

I took a breath to calm me, enveloping the fire in black smoke, the flames rolled into them as the witch alerted Klaus.

"Hurry and finish i can't hold her." I revelled in the panic that she began to show. Klaus moved to Stefan who groaned in pain, snapping his neck to eliminate his nuisance. The fire around me began to dim as my eyes lit. The moon not doing well to sate my hunger. 

"Whenever your ready Greta." The witch began to chant again as he moved to his vampire, the flames diminished around Jenna completely. 

"Its okay. I know what i have to do." She assured Elena as she nodded slowly, working herself up to it. And then she dashed for the witch, sinking her fresh fangs into her skin. I smirked wildly at her, unfortunately her time of chaos ended swiftly as Klaus plunged a stake into her side.

He let her go only for her to fall. 

"Jenna no!" Elena cried. The woman took unsteady breaths as the witch stood.

"Looking a little shaky there sweetie, you sure your up for this?" I whispered to her as the orange glow around us dimmed once again, a slow process of which i could not risk tampering with, one step whilst the flames still roared and they would light back to full strength once more. A finicky think, witch magic.

"Just turn it off, it's okay turn it off. You won't be scared anymore." Elena cried as Klaus flipped her over, even more so when the stake hit her heart and her veins turned ashen.

"Jenna no!" She balled.